Question for the compass modders - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 05-01-2015, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Wink Question for the compass modders

Has anyone seen this yet?

DynoMax® 39477 - Jeep Compass 2014 Ultra Flo™ Cat-Back Exhaust System

It's a cheaper alternative to the Magnaflow kit.

The only thing I'm wondering is if CarID is presenting this correctly... because according to Dynomax's website, this kit wouldn't be compatible. (unless it's just out of date)

Has anyone tested this Exhaust kit?

Is it worth it? I really want a nice exhaust tone

Thanks dudes and dudettes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-01-2015, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
A catback exhaust is a waste of money for what you get in return. Just go to a local muffler shop and get the muffler changed out. The only difference with a catback system is you lose the resonator.

I just had my stock muffler changed out with a magnaflow one, and it sounds great, only cost me 200 bux.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #3 of 10 Old 05-02-2015, 06:41 AM

Take it to a muffler shop and tell them what YOU want it will be cheaper to cut out a few pieces here and there like a cat or resonator, than buy a full system

What stop sign
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-04-2015, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I see your point. I was looking to install the kit myself, hence the bolt on convenience. Taking it to a shop would cost more wouldn't it? lol
Thanks for the advice guys.

PS: the exhaust kit isn't compatible anyways as per the Manufacturer. CarID lists it on there as compatible, but they also list Turbos and Superchargers as "compatible" also lol.....

I'm glad I'm not an impulse buyer.. I do my Homework first :P
post #5 of 10 Old 05-04-2015, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I had my stock muffler replaced with aftermarket, the only reason was I wanted more ground clearance, and they shop had a magnaflow muffler in stock that would tuck up nice and high, I also trimmed my bumper to gain more of a departure angle as well.

Here is a picture with my rear bumper trimmed, hardly see the muffler.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #6 of 10 Old 05-04-2015, 05:51 PM

Is your muffler offset in and center out?

What stop sign
post #7 of 10 Old 05-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I believe it is.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #8 of 10 Old 05-07-2015, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Wow Tyler , that looks really good. I'm sure you saw an increase in performance too. These jeeps definitely lack the acceleration. I wish there were more mods to give them more pep. I guess I got used to my last car being fast.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
With a K&N intake I got better gas mileage out of those mods, seems to drive smoother overall, can't really say it got any faster since with the CVT it's kind of hard to get a feel for how much faster it is.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #10 of 10 Old 05-26-2015, 10:36 PM

You could also just straight pipe it from the axle back. It's a little loud but not as bad as I thought. On my 07 the muffler disconnected from the midpipe (rust) and was hanging by the hangers almost touching the ground so I pulled it off. I haven't gotten a new one yet because I don't usually drive the Compass during the summer.

Here is an exhaust clip of what it sounds like without a muffler. The stuff flying out is grass or dirt or something that was in the hitch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in