Let the Modification begin.... - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 01-14-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Let the Modification begin....

Picked up an 07' Compass Sport on Tuesday night after trading my ol faithful 06' Ford Fusion SE...

Wednesday I added a set of 20" CX Wheels Model 815 wrapped in Falken Low Pro tires.

Saturday 15% tint goes on the entire vehicle, then I will move on to the Audio Modification side, adding a Pioneer P3200DVD and possibly some Subwoofers, but there really isnt much room in the rear cargo area to begin with I dont know if I will take up space with subwoofers or just make some tweeks in the factory audio itself. I am also going to do some sort of exhaust system and a CAI later down the road and some minor engine compartment modifications just for some looks.

I will keep you all updated on progress of the Compass and as soon as I am able I will post some piks.

Have a blessed day

Last edited by Birdman; 01-14-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 01-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Nice mod list! You should use this thread to do your mod log with some how-to's and pics so we can follow your progress, but be sure to keep us posted because modding gets to be addictive!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 14 Old 01-17-2011, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Add an AEM Brute Force Intake to the list....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 01-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Nice choice! What kind of exhaust setup are you looking to do?

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #5 of 14 Old 01-19-2011, 03:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I am leaning towards a Borla set-up, but I'd first have to have some type of sound clip because I don't want that ricey tone outta the ol 2.4 so I am still up in the air on the exhaust system as of yet.
post #6 of 14 Old 01-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Administrator

Yep, definitely don't want it sounding like a ricer lol! I'm gonna have to check and see what I can find for sound clips, don't imagine there's many for the Compass, though, seems some are just coming into modding it.

- Cherokee

post #7 of 14 Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I have searched all my possiblilities online that I know of for sound clips & like you said none seem readily available for a listen as of yet.. Seems modification of the Compass isnt to popular as of yet, but hopefully something will pop up somewhere before I waste money on something I dont like..
post #8 of 14 Old 01-20-2011, 02:41 PM

Garage
i never found a clip of the borla system, just the magnaflow via this forum.

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #9 of 14 Old 04-15-2011, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Decided I wanted to add something to the Jeep since I have been slacking with it lately in the modification area, so I added some Black Reflective lettering to the rear bumper to spruce it up a tad.

I am also in the process of trying to sell the 20's... I am not particularly happy with em so I am gonna sell em off and put a set of R/T Caliber wheels on instead.

Last edited by Birdman; 04-15-2011 at 05:03 PM.
post #10 of 14 Old 04-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Any pics of your rear bumper? I'd like to see what the lettering looks like.

- Cherokee

post #11 of 14 Old 04-18-2011, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
Any pics of your rear bumper? I'd like to see what the lettering looks like.

- Cherokee
Yea, I have a pik of the lettering. Here ya go bud

**After seeing this pik, I do notice that the Muffler looks terrible & I will be taking care of this issue pronto!**
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (83.1 KB, 49 views)
post #12 of 14 Old 04-18-2011, 08:40 PM

I've seen those letter inserts and was thinking of white having the cherry red colour and all. But with all the Compass problems I did not want to advertise the Compass name and Jeep is only one visible from a distance. Since this and all the others share the same suspension and power train as the Calibre its derived from with Compass, Patriot skins and interiors. The calibre as available as a 4x4 for a while. I guess until the Compass came around they dropped the option of them.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #13 of 14 Old 04-19-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The muffler issue has been addressed for the time being until I get my Borla Boomer and figure out a way to modify the tip to work on the Compass...

No pik's it was simply some Black Spray Bomb to correct, I am sure you've all seen something similar to this in the past.
post #14 of 14 Old 04-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Administrator

That lettering looks sweet, I really like the contrast there! And yeah, that would have been my suggestion to ya, too, the black muffler mod.

- Cherokee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in