Sooo... This Happened :-) - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robxstone

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 05-24-2015, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Cool Sooo... This Happened :-)

Nothing crazy, but I couldn't leave the compass alone yesterday..

This is the before.....

Here are some of the after results.

Rear Caliper painted black

Front Caliper painted black

Here's the wheel with Black plastidip and the black calipers...

And the overall Result.... drum roll....

It's a poor quality photo I know... Lets just say this easy/cheap mod took a lot of patience.. .but I think the results were well worth it.

What do you guys think?

I also plasti-dipped the jeep emblems and the compass letters on the sides. Eventually I'll take a nice phone with the lights on. I do have HID style LED lights going in it right now... They look great.

Have a great memorial day guys..
BubbaKen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 05-24-2015, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Here's a nice photo of the Grill Rings painted black...
It also shows the HID LED fog lights (on the right side)

Another cool shot of the compass parked next to my buddies from work...
we park next to each other to avoid dings on our doors from careless co-workers

Here's the Double-din radio I had installed a few months back

and for Giggles
post #3 of 10 Old 05-24-2015, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Looks sharp, I like it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 05-27-2015, 01:17 AM

I'm digging the black grille rings. I might have to do something like that.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-30-2015, 12:22 AM

Garage
The grill rings and the calipers look pretty good, but i would prefer flat black instead of glossy black, will the plasti dip resist the heat of the brakes though?
post #6 of 10 Old 05-30-2015, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

The calipers are painted with caliper paint.. They'll withstand heat for sure.. And plastidip / flexidip are surprisingly tolerant to heat. This isn't my first time paint the wheels on the compass. I dipped them grey last winter.. And the color bored me... So I dipped the rims black.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-31-2015, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
If you plasti dip your wheels, as a final coat or 2 use some clear coat designed for wheels, that makes it really durable.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #8 of 10 Old 06-01-2015, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Yeahhh, I've read that works real well. I also heard it makes it slightly more difficult to peal off the paint when your done. The first dip job I had done was with rustoleums brand of plastic/rubber paint called flexidip.. Its definitely good stuff.. The colors aren't shiny like plastidip... But they hold on for a while. I wash the compass probably 2-3 times a week (I know it's excessive), and I usually spray the wheels with the pressure washer.. Both dip brands can withstand the pressure washer. I'm quite pleased.. I did this more so for the corrosion protection more so than the aesthetics. I also plastidipped the under body is most areas to prevent salt from touching it. It's a great anti rust protection. It holds on for years and harmless. I spayed my control arms, strut plates , sway bars/ bushings, and various exposed bolts. Seeing as its a brand new vehicle... I caught it early before the rust even started.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-01-2015, 02:31 AM

Garage
I had no idea plasti dip was quiet resistant, i've watched videos of it on youtube before but that's abt it, doing the undercarriage to prevent rust sounds like an amazing deal. Good info.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-01-2015, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Yeahhhh if you can spray it before the rust comes, the better... This is my second "new" car, The car before this was a 2007 Pontiac Grand prix . .. I kept dealing with under body rusting, even within the first year... you'll start to see nuts and bolts underneath forming rust. Everything ends up rotting out slowly.. like sway bars and bolts seize on due to rust corrosion. I'm almost approaching the 1 year mark on this 2014 Jeep compass, I've spray literally every nut and bolt underneath and in the end bay. I did this a couple weeks after buying the compass new off the lot. I have 0 rust , especially after this lousy/ SALTY winter we had. We'll see what it looks like in another year lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in