Mopar Splash Guards Help - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Mopar Splash Guards Help

Hello,

Can someone help me, please? I just received my Mopar Splash Guards for my 2010 Jeep Compass. I ordered them from ebay. They are the black flaps with the white lettering that reads Jeep.

I would love to put them on today but I am a little confused. Is there drilling involved. I can't tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 05:01 PM

Garage
Well mines come from Ebay also there are already some screws on the body so you just have to use these screws and the holes are supposed to fit perfectly. At the front it was missing two holes on each splash guard to mount so I've put 3M double side tape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HID Trois-Rivières /
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

thank you for the quick reply. My splash guards I got from ebay don't have any holes in them. My jeep compass does have the screws. I was just wondering how I am suppose to attach these splash guards onto my jeep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 05:08 PM

Garage
Damn, my splash guards have holes. So I guess you have to drill holes on your splash guards. Maybe just some 3M double side tape might be enough depends on where you live.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #5 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

I wish mine would have had the holes. I am just not sure of the exact placement. I live in Charlotte, NC so we don't get a lot of snow. I just like the looks of them. Thank you so much for all your help!
post #6 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 05:28 PM

Garage
So if you don't have a lot of snow sticking to them you might use 3M tape. I sitck HID ballasts and it's really though.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #7 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

They just don't look like they fit my compass that well. The paper inside says for a Grand Cherokee Rear. The ebay add said they fit my 2010 Compass front and rear.
post #8 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 05:57 PM

Garage
That's weird! You might want to ask the seller if it's normal or even get a refund.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #9 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

I wish I could post the link to them but I can't until I have 15 post here in the forum
post #10 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 06:00 PM

either take wheels off hold them up and drill thruogh where u think they look the best and after drilling hole make sure to use a corse threaded screw to hold them in. if u use a fine thread it will eventuallly just vibrate out.... or u could take it to ur local body shop of choice and have them do it.... they shouldnt chage u that much i kno my shop ( i work autobody) would only charge around $50, if taken to a body shopp they may even drill holes and add some j-clips to its held on with a "nut n bolt" type design... and i dnt kno how well the two sided tape will work.... like mowgli said if there not to much snow should be able to get away with it but if u get any biuld up like we do in canada and have to consitantly kick the built up snow off id deffniatly go with the screws... any way if u decide to go with screws and have any questions on how to do it just ask ill do my best to help a fellow comp out!!!
post #11 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

The drilling I am afraid to do myself. I will take my compass and the splash guards to the dealership tomorrow. I did a lot of mods myself yesterday to it...but drilling scares me. I actually got the splash guards from amazon and I did post a link to them on my public profile page. Thank you all for your reply.
post #12 of 19 Old 02-13-2011, 09:13 PM

no prob.... just trying to help.... personaly would go to autobody shop.... dealers well at least up here are a total rip off will charge way longer then they need but its ur call... both would be equally qualified....
post #13 of 19 Old 02-14-2011, 12:03 PM

Does anyone know if the Mopar Splash Guards will fit the Jeep Compass Rallye?
post #14 of 19 Old 02-15-2011, 03:14 AM

Baltimore, I had the same problem with mine and I bought them from the very reputable justforjeeps.com . I ended up measuring and marking where the holes would go and just using the existing screws that hold the back panel together. Everything has stayed in place through the winter here in DC so you should be fine right up the road in Baltimore.
post #15 of 19 Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 PM

You have any pictures with them on Chmiola? Even with that molded lip where the guards would go, they still fit there?

Last edited by BaltimoreCompass; 02-15-2011 at 01:32 PM.
post #16 of 19 Old 02-16-2011, 01:23 AM

Do they look like the ones I have on mine? I got mine from a Chrysler Dealership up here and I had to drill holes and eye-ball everything to make it look lined up. .. it was a pain in the ass! Also I had to remove the back wheels to get those flaps on. The front I just turned the tires. And I don't think I drilled into the body at all .. It was just the plastic moulding around the frame. Just remember that noone notices how you did it .. they just notice how good it looks

Mods: Cargo Net, Chrome Tail light Covers, Chrome Fuel Door, Billet Grille (Upper and lower bumper), Chrome Door Handles, Chrome Hood Vents, Vent Shades, Jeep Mud Flaps, Slushee Floor Mats, Windows Tinted, Kenwood X994 Deck, K&N Cold Air Intake.

Future Mods: Audio System, Cool Future Ideas that I get from the Forum of course.
post #17 of 19 Old 02-21-2011, 04:33 PM

I bought the solid plastic JEEP MOPAR rear flaps. They don't flex and really no drilling required. They fit the curvature of the rear fender/bumper area. I did not want the flat flap as they will curl backwards and does not have the position fixed. Most generic's are that type since holes can be made to fit most situations.

I put them on the rear to keep the spray down and protect the rear bumper area which the wheels throw everything at and will scruff the paint off eventually.

I doubt the flat ones are a custom fit and drilling is quite likely. Otherwise holes would already be there and line up with the fender screws as mine did.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

post #18 of 19 Old 11-19-2012, 02:33 PM

Garage
Splash Guards

I ordered my Flat Molded Splash Guards today. Figured it would be best to get them before it really gets messy out there (I live in the Northwest). I looked at the flaps as mentioned above and found that some did need drilling (on both the flap and some the wheel well). I decided to spend a little more and get the ones that are pretty much bolt on. Once I get them in the mail I will post some pictures of the install.

2011 JEEP COMPASS FLAT MOLDED SPLASH GUARDS MOPAR 4PCS : Amazon.com : Automotive
post #19 of 19 Old 11-20-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beergirl View Post
Hello,

Can someone help me, please? I just received my Mopar Splash Guards for my 2010 Jeep Compass. I ordered them from ebay. They are the black flaps with the white lettering that reads Jeep.

I would love to put them on today but I am a little confused. Is there drilling involved. I can't tell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, but it is a ridiculously easy install and the instructions are very self explanatory. Cliff note, you only have to drill one hole for each mud flap.

You use the existing two screws for inside the wheel well lip, and you drill one hole through a tab on the bottom rear of the flap into the rocker panel from the bottom for installing one self taping screw each.

Since you're screwing into plastic on the front flaps, just be careful to not over tighten. There is a spade nut used on the rear to give added strength to that attachment point where you drill a hole for the rear flap. You'll understand what I mean when you get your kit.

It honestly took me only 15 minutes to install all four, and that because my 8 year old grandson was "helping".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in