Looking into the electromics... - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 02-29-2016, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Looking into the electromics...

Hello all,
I am looking into wiring a few things to the battery directly. Interior color shirft glow for under dashboard, lightbars, ect. Question though. On a 2016, where can you run wires from engine bay to cab? I have yet to find a suffiecient place, and id rather not have to drill through the firewall. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-01-2016, 12:34 AM

When I ran my power wire for my amp (4ga) I ran it through the rear wiper washer gromet, just behind the passenger strut tower, it was big enough for my power wire and the hose, that'sthe only place I found besides the shift cable gromet, and I thought the wire would get to hot being that close to the exhaust manifold

What stop sign
post #3 of 6 Old 03-01-2016, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

I wonder where i can run the wires then? All im looking to do is maybe interior glow under dash board and some lightbars or something...not sure how i would do this if theres no good sized entry point
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-03-2016, 11:07 PM

When I ran my positive wire to my Amps I went through the drivers window and into the kick panel
post #5 of 6 Old 03-09-2016, 06:04 AM

Do you have a pic of that, I still need to run some wires for some LED's and projectors but if i can fit a 10ga wire through where you ran your that would be a lot better than all the way across the engine bay

What stop sign
post #6 of 6 Old 03-09-2016, 11:03 AM

If you guys want to laugh... When I had installed a Viper Alarm system on this vehicle, I also needed to find a way through the engine's firewall. I ended up using the Drainage pipe under the floormat near the gas/brake pedal. Granted, it was a 12-14 Gauge wire, it still worked. I didn't feel like drilling a hole through the firewall and hitting a brake booster LOL... As long as you wrap the wire with a fair amount of electrical tape, you should be fine... it doesn't rub against anything sharp. I'd have to take a picture when it warms up out there. This summer I plan to take a few pictures of my modded out compass, stay tuned

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in