2018/19 Hybrid Conversion for Compass? - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 03-20-2019, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

2018/19 Hybrid Conversion for Compass?

Has anyone looked into this? I know some on this forum are from the EU/UK market, and so they probably understand the appeal, especially from a cost perspective.

The Plug-in Hybrid option is coming, and they are projecting 240 HP with acceleration for the Renegade 0-60 at under 7 seconds.
I'm expecting that would translate to about 8 for the Compass with the way it is designed.

At any rate, I did some research and I found EV conversion videos, and one 1989 Jeep Cherokee full conversion, but I am either looking for a full engine replacement option or a bolt-on Hybrid.

Does anyone have any information about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-20-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam's compass View Post
Has anyone looked into this? I know some on this forum are from the EU/UK market, and so they probably understand the appeal, especially from a cost perspective.

The Plug-in Hybrid option is coming, and they are projecting 240 HP with acceleration for the Renegade 0-60 at under 7 seconds.
I'm expecting that would translate to about 8 for the Compass with the way it is designed.

At any rate, I did some research and I found EV conversion videos, and one 1989 Jeep Cherokee full conversion, but I am either looking for a full engine replacement option or a bolt-on Hybrid.

Does anyone have any information about this?
Considering even changing something as simple as the headlight bulbs (from HID to LED) or the radio screen to something different on a 2nd gen Compass is a hassle, I dont think a hybrid conversion is possible unless you are willing to strip down the car and install a custom made hybrid system with custom electronics and etc. You wont be able to get any electronic (including drivetrain components) or software made by Mopar to work with a hybrid conversion.

Last edited by Tripod; 03-20-2019 at 06:02 PM.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-22-2019, 08:07 PM

It would be a full custom job. You'd need people with electrical engineering knowledge, mechanical prowess, and fabrication experience. Unless you can do it all yourself there is not the slightest hope of recovering the cost in fuel savings. If you can do it yourself, potential to break even at best. It isn't something you would get into to save money, it would have to be your passion.

If you mean specifically installing the parts for the planned 2020 hybrid version, there is no way that would be cheaper or easier than simply buying a 2020 hybrid version. Just wait for that one to come out and trade up. Dealerships LIVE for us to come in and trade up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-27-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

hopefully I can do that.
I may be overseas when that comes out, so I don't know how I would be able to trade it in.
Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in