Project BlackBetty - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 08-05-2011, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Project BlackBetty

Hey everyone here goes nothing. Another car, another build. But my jeep being my daily driver, there will be no short cuts, and lots of surprises. So hang in there and fasten your seat belts.
This build will take up the next few months, so keep tuned and you will see the dramatic transformation..

First of all if you did not read my introduction to the forum, I am currently overseas in Afghanistan, but wrapping up my last two months, I have been scouring through parts, and modifications I will decide to take on. Here is the list. Pictures will be up as soon as I get them!

Background history of the car.

2008 Jeep compass sport. A little over 50k miles If I remember correctly, and in amazing condition.

Most of the parts are already ordered and waiting for me at my house. Here is the current breakdown.

For the exterior I have decided to fit it with the full rally kit including spoiler, and rims. The headlights are being smoked black as well as fitted with german engineering 8k HID lamps. The tails are being smoked as well, and the fogs are being tinted yellow with 10k HID lamps. Also have the Patriot lift kit from rocky road outfitters to give it a small lift for the occasional snowboarding trip.

For the interior I have ordered the Metra jeep dash kit, the Chyah05 Radio Harness, the Jeep antenna adapter, and a touchscreen pioneer head unit. I ordered NAV dash kit from just for jeeps to squeeze the new screen in there, and get rid of the old one. Along with that I am putting a kicker 8 channel amp under the passenger seat, and replacing the door, and rear speakers with kickers as well. Nothing fancy nothing flashy, just hidden great sound, with a little touch to the dash.

This is all of the parts I have ordered now, and I am currently tracking to install. I am looking into many other things such as Patriot skid plates, and motor mods but right now I am focusing on the big stuff. Stay tuned more later (:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Very nice mod list, will be following this thread!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 4 Old 08-19-2011, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

So the double din Pioneer has been installed. Sounds amazing and looks even better. The hids are in as well, and are doing great. Pics coming soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-28-2011, 12:40 PM

nice which pioneer head unit did you get?

18 Redline Pearl w/Two–Tone Paint Compass Latitude 2.4L, 4x4, Auto Mods/Addons:
Eonon GA2168K Android 10.1" Screen Double Din Car Multimedia Center
Previous Cars:
11 Mineral Gray Metallic Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Auto
08 Red Compass Sport 2.4L, 4x4, Manual

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in