My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Street Race?

4K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  realtune 
#1 ·
Funny story (laugh if you agree)

Today a Buddy of mine was given a 2011 Ford F-150 and was taking me for a spin in it. Him and I used to race around a bit when we had other vehicles and we thought it would be fun to see what my 07 compass W CVT could do against his new truck. Oddly enough he had a 2010 mazda 6 sport and with a 40 roll my compass actually beat the mazda (not by much at all but a wins a win) now on to the F-150.... Highway 40 roll: I had a very LITTLE lead from the roll and it seemed like quite a close race, till I hit about 65... he started pulling away quite a bit. Okay so a truck thats pushing 300+ hp beat my 172hp compass. but I was very amazed on how close the race was. Could it be that the CVT in the compass has the upper hand at highway speeds versus vehicles that have more power and WAY better 0-60's? 0-60 of the mazda 6 sport = 7.5 sec. 0-60 of my compass = around 10 seconds. 0-60 of the F-150 = 6.5 sec. now the real question... would intake, exhaust, and plugs give the compass the potential to give these Rigs a good run for their money??

#3 ·
07 Rallye 4x4. I understand its not made for speed but i'm sure even you can agree that a naturally aspirated 2.4L pushing 172 hp is not bad at all. All it needs is a little work and i'm thinking I could make it quick enough to have some fun in. what would flashing the PCM do exactly? Intake, headers, exhaust = 30-40 hp gain??

#4 ·
PCM is your jeep computer. B&G can flash your PCM to have better fuel millage, better throttle response (throttle electronic) more timing, maybe 25hp 25 tq with bolt on ie: headers intake exhaust. Some people will said 40hp in fact it's not true.

I will go on the dyno with my 2011 2.4 jeep compass manual bone stock and pretty I will have my pcm flash from B&G and go back on the dyno to compare the performance of my jeep.

Alain

#5 ·
You can sent a PM to RUNCNC he got is jeep flashed from B&G

Quote from a other topic:
Try this place, B&G Chrysler Company this is were I had mine done & this is the place that is doing the Flash for the Caliber SRT4.
The owner name is Dave,Tell him Dan sent you from Calibersrt4.net

I tell you it woke up my Compass & now I enjoy driving it so much now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.