My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Hello for Ottawa

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BAAB 994 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Nice site webmaster.

Just picked up my Compass from the dealer this week.
Went in to the dealers on Saturday Dec 9th, spent 3 hours there.
I have always driven standard trans cars. But I did not like the standard on the Compass, it just did not feel right. Tried one with the CVT and I hate to say it but I liked the auto trans better. They did not have the options available in the colour that I was looking for (silver or green) so I went with Black.

Black 4x2, with cruise, 26E, BA, Yes, and CVT.

So far it has been a good ride and I have enjoyed it.

One quick question about the Temp gauge. Is it normal to sit closer to 1/4 than 1/2 (it slowly gets closer to the 1/2). It has been a little cold here this past week. My old car would be at 1/2 after about 10 mins.

Thanks
Barry

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the site, and congrats on your new Compass!
Like you, I have always driven a standard tranny, but didn't try the manual on the compass. I Liked the CVT, liked everything else, so just said "SOLD".
Had mine for about a month now, and lovin it still!
Not sure about the temp gauge, but will try to remember to take note tonight when I go to work...

#5 ·
Ok...so I watched it last night when driving to work. So you know, my drive is basically hwy for 40km's, park, then 40km's return. My temp gauge warmed up to about 1/3 and stayed there. I drive about 120km/h as it's all hwy if that makes a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.