New Members, please post introductions! - Page 2 - Jeep Compass Forum
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #31 of 499 Old 12-08-2009, 10:41 AM

Garage
40cm?

Wow . . . I heard we were to get between 10 and 20cm, but 40cm, curses.
Hate shoveling, but skiing in December, that's something I remember from my childhood days. Hope it is good, no trouble getting there with the Compass.
Enjoy!

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 499 Old 12-08-2009, 01:11 PM

Garage
Today's forecast in Regina says it's -32 and feels like -38 with the wind chill. (For you americans it's -25 and -36 with the wind.) Good day to stay home and watch tv.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #33 of 499 Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

40 cm..........up North that is...........couldn't care less about what falls in the city....................

Will be at Tremblant's 24 hrs for sick kids this week end........raising money.......our team (12 skiers) have raised over $11K so far....

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 499 Old 12-18-2009, 06:19 PM

Hey all
New as i said in a prior thread-the info so far here is awesome! Everything I've been tearing through the internet for I have found in different threads. Drove my 08 Compass
4x4 cvt, burnt orange, auto start
through snow for the first time this month, like a hot knife through butter. Love it so far except the cvt-getting it checked though because the way mine drives and the feedback here are two different things.
Out of Rhode Island, shoot pool, spend a lot of time with my son, family and friends. I also own a 95 Cutlass convertible I tool around in and on whenever I can.

Compass: A device used to determine geographic direction.
Jeep Compass: A device used to determine what to plow through on your way.
post #35 of 499 Old 12-22-2009, 03:06 PM

my name is chris. i just bought my first jeep last weekend. it is a 2007 jeep compass 4x4. it has 26,000 miles on it, also has tinted windows. i live close to the mountains in southern middle tennessee.
post #36 of 499 Old 12-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

glad you're on board.......please enjoy the forum.

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #37 of 499 Old 12-22-2009, 05:31 PM

Got on a good deal 2 weeks ago. It's a gold/khaki/beige(?) 2008 limited 4x4. 28k miles on it.

Good: leather, satellite radio, GPS, sunroof, parking sensors, etc. Engine runs really quiet (better than our new Grand caravan). No sunroof leak.

Bad: Seat doesn't have a recliner handle and it doesn't recline with new handle (something's broken inside seat, dealer is ordering new piece). Interior with several scratches due to wear and tear (I can tell previous owner had a big dog and was a smoker - got rid of smoke smell through ozone treatment).
post #38 of 499 Old 12-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

you got at least a good deal and that's what matters............you'll enjoy the ride.....pretty sure of it......

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #39 of 499 Old 12-22-2009, 05:43 PM

yeah, the 'bad' part is basically wear and tear anyway.
post #40 of 499 Old 12-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Welcome aboard Chris, glad to have you here and congrats on your Compass! What color did you get? You got the CVT or were you lucky enough to get a manual? Hope you enjoy the forum! Talk to ya soon.

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #41 of 499 Old 12-23-2009, 03:05 PM

I think that you can only get the limited with the cvt, but I may be mistaken. Congrats on the Compass, you picked your color well lol, and its khaki

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #42 of 499 Old 12-23-2009, 04:10 PM

It's CVT. But it was on purpose - I know how to drive manual but I'm lazy and I need my coffee while driving
post #43 of 499 Old 12-23-2009, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Nice Compass there Chracatoa, and welcome

|
|

Last edited by Jeepster2; 12-23-2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #44 of 499 Old 12-25-2009, 04:44 AM
Administrator

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch Box View Post
I think that you can only get the limited with the cvt, but I may be mistaken. Congrats on the Compass, you picked your color well lol, and its khaki
Yep, sorry, my first real mistake of the year, phew, glad it's almost 2010!!!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #45 of 499 Old 01-06-2010, 10:11 PM

New owner of a Compass Rallye Sport, 2.4 CVT, Black with that leather, Nav/DVD, Sunroof.

6500 Kms, and climbing, enjoying it so far.

post #46 of 499 Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Like I said before welocme to the forum and please post pics once you'll hit the 15 posts.......

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #47 of 499 Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 PM

new to the whole forum thing..hope im doing this right...but i figured id say hello from Illinois..
post #48 of 499 Old 01-07-2010, 04:33 PM

Garage
Howdy Gang! I just got a 2008 Compass in great condition. So far, I love it! It's got everything I need including the neat LED flashlight! I am looking forward to enjoying this unique vehicle as well as this website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sized_P1050003.JPG (63.4 KB, 12 views)
post #49 of 499 Old 01-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to both of you guys..........feel free to posts accordingly............and enjoy!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #50 of 499 Old 01-10-2010, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Hello to both of you, and nice looking Compass Skyeye, congrats!!! Cool, another Louisianan! jbkkmtjeep, tell us more about your Compass! Hope both of you enjoy the board!

- Cherokee

Last edited by Cherokee; 01-10-2010 at 08:32 AM.
post #51 of 499 Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsawcyclesandkustoms View Post
New owner of a Compass Rallye Sport, 2.4 CVT, Black with that leather, Nav/DVD, Sunroof.

6500 Kms, and climbing, enjoying it so far.
Welcome aboard.....Got any custom ideas for your Compass? The Rallye, IMO, is a pretty cool canvas for custom mods!

- Cherokee

post #52 of 499 Old 01-10-2010, 11:32 AM

yeah its an 08 black compass 2.4l 4X4..bought her about 6 months ago.. im glad i went with the jeep..we were looking at a 2007 durango 5.7L hemi..but figured it might eat up more gas then i was willing to spend lol..the compass is just great on gas and looks awesome..
post #53 of 499 Old 01-11-2010, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
Welcome aboard.....Got any custom ideas for your Compass? The Rallye, IMO, is a pretty cool canvas for custom mods!

- Cherokee
I am just adding a little chrome right now. I want to leave it mostly stock until it has at least 10,000 kms. At least that's the story I feed my wife!

post #54 of 499 Old 01-11-2010, 01:41 AM

Hello!

Just bought a new compass and did some mods. Tinted windows, Rallye package, black rims...
post #55 of 499 Old 01-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkkmtjeep View Post
yeah its an 08 black compass 2.4l 4X4..bought her about 6 months ago.. im glad i went with the jeep..we were looking at a 2007 durango 5.7L hemi..but figured it might eat up more gas then i was willing to spend lol..the compass is just great on gas and looks awesome..
Yeah, even with MDS the HEMI's can get a bit thirsty, but the Compass, IMO, is excellent on gas, and I have to agree, the styling on the Compass is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsawcyclesandkustoms View Post
I am just adding a little chrome right now. I want to leave it mostly stock until it has at least 10,000 kms. At least that's the story I feed my wife!
I hear ya', well be sure to post up some pics when you can!

Welcome aboard BAD.....sounds like you have a good start on the mod list, also, what year Compass did ya' get?

- Cherokee

post #56 of 499 Old 01-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

To my fellow canadian member Chop........maybe you should reduce your nick name a bit..........it would give you more space to write.........and be less of an eyesore........just a thought !!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #57 of 499 Old 01-11-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
Yeah, even with MDS the HEMI's can get a bit thirsty, but the Compass, IMO, is excellent on gas, and I have to agree, the styling on the Compass is awesome!

I hear ya', well be sure to post up some pics when you can!

Welcome aboard BAD.....sounds like you have a good start on the mod list, also, what year Compass did ya' get?

- Cherokee
It's an '07...got it used with 30k miles on it. Steel Blue...it's a really nice color.
post #58 of 499 Old 01-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADcompASS View Post
It's an '07...got it used with 30k miles on it. Steel Blue...it's a really nice color.
Only 30K on the clock? Wow, you got it mildly used at that, all the more miles for you to use!

- Cherokee

post #59 of 499 Old 02-08-2010, 04:47 AM

Hi all,
New to the whole forum thing. Just purchased a red 2007 jeep compass used with 27,000 miles on it. Going from a 1985 jeep CJ7 w/ 350 under the hood to a 2.4l compass with cvt. Was looking for a manual but couldnt find anything in such great condition as this one and i know i seem a little crazy going from a cj to a compass but between gas mileage my wallet is thanking me and with the lift and old leaf springs and a rock solid ride to the beautiful smooth ride in my new compass my back is thanking me. Located down in Florida, originally from upstate NY, but should be moving somewhere by the end of the year which is why i got the 4x4 version and at this point couldnt be happier with my purchase. Came with K&N filter already installed. It came with the 6 cd changer stereo in it and sounds great i think personally. Dont know what i plan to do with it yet but i know something will be done even tho it is a great jeep in stock form! Hope to get some good info and meet some great friends and be of help when i can!

BTW nice saints win tonight for you Louisiana natives...even from a panthers fan.
post #60 of 499 Old 02-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum my friend, you will like all of us enjoy this ride.........enjoy the forum and feel free to participate.

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in