New Members, please post introductions! - Page 3 - Jeep Compass Forum
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #61 of 505 Old 02-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Hello whalejr31, welcome to the forum and congrats on your Compass, sounds very nice, definitely a change from the CJ, but like you said, a lot more comfortable! Hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 505 Old 03-08-2010, 02:16 PM

Garage
Hi ppl

Got to this forum just trying to find info about compass mods etc. Last month I bought a 2nd hand 2009 Compass 2.4L Limited (Black, with Sun and sound, and Driver's convenience I think). I say 2nd hand but it was only owned for 8 months, after being imported to China from the states. New enough for me!

I'm finding it to be a good SUV. I'm up in Inner Mongolia (China) and we get a bit of snow, so I've been testing out the Compass on snow/packed snow etc. Handlng and traction are great! Probably need AT tires to get the best out of the Compass, but... have to wear the factory ones out first LOL.

I finally got the EVIC into English language mode yesterday, after looking all over I had to go to a Chinese Jeep forum (not many Jeeps are sold outside China with the Chinese EVIC, so US/European sites not much help), they had instructions.

I'm into off-roading and WRC, Hard rock, Fifa10. just living up here with my family working etc.

That seems like enough introdrivel.

Btw this forum rocks (if you own a compass!)

Last edited by lochinprc; 03-08-2010 at 02:30 PM.
post #63 of 505 Old 03-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.......hope you enjoy the site and feel free to get involved.

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 505 Old 03-10-2010, 04:25 PM

Hello Everyone, i'm Writing from La Paz, Bolivia in Southamerica, I'm the happy Owner of my first Jeep, and it's more than I Expected, hope we will share information and experiences about our good vehicles
post #65 of 505 Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 PM

Welcome the forum, feel free to ask about anything you're having trouble with.

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #66 of 505 Old 03-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Enjoy the forum and have fun with your new ride......Tell us more details......

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #67 of 505 Old 03-14-2010, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Hello lochinprc and kenneth.becera and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your Compass, both of you! lochinprc, what kind of mods are you looking to do? Again, welcome, feel free to ask any questions you have and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #68 of 505 Old 03-18-2010, 12:19 PM

Garage
Cherokee, short term I'm making some minor additions to the Compass. Just to make it look cooler etc. Don't think I'll be doing anything to the fully-decent stock sound system (9 speaker).
Long-term I want to add some off-road toughness to the car. The big one is a 2.125" lift, followed of course by black (probably 17") rims, (I have the 18" stainless) and some AT tires. I totally dig the look of the lifted ones, and it gives you decent ground clearance for roughin it a bit. Then I'd get the engine skid plate. And if I wanted to go all out I think I'd add the Strut tower brace. (I'm pretty much dreaming by this point. These are major mods, for me anyway). What do you think?
post #69 of 505 Old 03-18-2010, 11:01 PM

Garage
If you're interested in the skid plate install I have all the part numbers and diagrams required for installation.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #70 of 505 Old 03-19-2010, 02:09 AM

Garage
You don't happen to have a spare skid plate to boot do you Smokey? lol

Like I said those are long term mods (might be doing within 6 months to a year), havent got the spare cash for the lift etc, at the mo.

In your opinion is the lift worth it? It must add a fair bit to the Compass's off road capability right? Or do you find the 8.1" clearance pretty much enough already?

Also I was thinking of getting just an engine skid plate (no petrol tank plates). Can get a generic 2-3mm one here for about USD$80... Is it worth having the fuel tank plates too? Also I'm a bit concerned about the skid plate affecting the engine temperature, any truth to that? (ie for long distance highway driving on a hot day). Non-issue?
post #71 of 505 Old 03-19-2010, 03:23 AM

Lift kits are always a good way to add more off-road capability to a vehicle if your up to the challenge of installing one. They improve accent and decent angles as well add the ground clearance necessary for driving over larger obstacles. As for the skid plates making the engine hotter, I couldn't say. It could make it hotter, but then again, it could also act as a sort of heat sink, but who knows. lol

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #72 of 505 Old 03-19-2010, 05:28 AM
Administrator

I think the lift is a good idea and you're looking to keep it under 2", so that should work well for you and, like LB said above, will imrove approach/breakover angles. The only thing it really doesn't help with is articulation which leads me to my next question, what type of offroading are you looking to do? I guess that would determine if you need the skid plate on the fuel tank for one, but possibly some different suspension parts as well. For light to moderate offroading, I think you'll be fine with just the engine skid plate, but if you plan on steeper grades with good size obstacles, I might opt for the fuel tank plate as well. Again, it just depends on what you have in mind. As far as the effect on engine temp., well I haven't heard anything like that but I can check around and see what I find! Good luck and keep us posted!

- Cherokee

post #73 of 505 Old 03-19-2010, 11:57 AM

Garage
Thanks Cherokee and Lunch Box (not MM's lunch box by any chance?) for the helpful info. Not quite ready to do the lift but maybe the engine skid plate is a good start. Only looking to do light to moderate off-roading.

Also if anyone knows, will the lift make the car sway more at high speeds? I mean freeway 160km/h kind of stuff. Would Being higher (ok its only 2") make the car more prone to rolling, due to a higher center of gravity?

I have done some minor things and hope to get a couple of photos up once I get up to 15 posts, tho still not sure exactly how to upload etc. PLUS its been sandstorms every day where I live, so no chance to wash the car...But at least its getting warmer!
post #74 of 505 Old 03-19-2010, 11:12 PM

Garage
Haven't got a plate yet. They're pricey and the parts don't show up in the catalog if you go to the dealership and ask. You'll have to get them to log onto dealer connect to find the parts. The Patriot comes from factory with the plates and the catalog doesn't show them either. Just have to go in with the part numbers and have them find and order them. They don't come with bolts either.

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #75 of 505 Old 03-20-2010, 02:22 AM

Garage
They ARE pricey if you order from Mopar... I am looking at a 3rd party plate (2-3mm titanium alloy, comes with bolts etc) for about USD$80, which I think is pretty reasonable. You still got the stock tires on Smokey? Do you find them good enough for light to moderate offroading? Looks like you do a bit of muddy driving etc, I seem to remember from your pics..
post #76 of 505 Old 03-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Administrator

The 2" of lift isn't really going to make you any more high profile on a windy day on the highway than what you are now, and the Compass is decidedly more aerodynamic than my Cherokee for sure. You'll notice a slight difference in handling and ride quality depending on whether you go with a suspension lift, which I recommend, along with a good set of shocks, or a body lift, which I don't.

- Cherokee

post #77 of 505 Old 03-20-2010, 01:37 PM

Garage
OK. So which is the rocky road lift? A body lift or suspension lift? And can I do a lift for less than the cost of the rocky road kit?
post #78 of 505 Old 03-21-2010, 03:35 AM
Administrator

Ok, the Rocky Road lift is a suspension lift, which, if, like you, you're actually looking to take your Jeep offroad and flex it a little, is what you're looking for. The one I see on their site is a 2 1/8" lift. To be honest with you, I've heard/read mixed reviews on their kits.

Bottom line here, a body lift is just that, it lifts the body off the frame, and, while this is the cheaper of the two options and easier installation wise, it is better for just looks, and can leave some nasty gaps in places. Rocky Road offers just the lift kit (no shocks) which doesn't alter your factory suspension system, so if you have any warranty left, you may want to consider that in making your choice, and they also offer the kit, shocks included.

- Cherokee

post #79 of 505 Old 03-21-2010, 03:41 AM

Garage
I still have the stock tires on. I'm looking at getting a set of yokohama geolanders. The stock ones do fine for some snow and moderate offroad. I wouldn't trust them in heavier mud or sand though.

post #80 of 505 Old 03-26-2010, 03:50 PM

Thumbs up New member!!

This would be my second Jeep, my first one was a 1979 CJ-7, got it when I was 15 years old... im 30 now, and got me a 2007 Compass.

So far I love that little big guy, yet I started to have some problems and while looking for help for it I found this website.

I hope to find other owners and their stories, make new friends and have fun.

Petrus.
post #81 of 505 Old 03-27-2010, 05:42 AM
Administrator

Hello Petrus and welcome to the forum, glad you found us here and congrats on your Compass, happy to hear you're enjoying it! I take it you've posted about your problem in another section, so in the meantime, if you need any help, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

post #82 of 505 Old 03-27-2010, 10:23 PM

Hi Hi

Just joined to to see what info i can find about my 08 Jeep green compass.

All the way from the East coast NL.
post #83 of 505 Old 03-28-2010, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome and glad you found us.........tell us more about your ride and what are your expectations ??

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #84 of 505 Old 03-28-2010, 01:22 PM

The ride is the Compass North edition.
Everything is factory. Not going to much aftermarket as it is my girlfriends car.
We got it as we are expecting and she wanted something with 4 doors and wasn't low to the ground.

My expectations are i guess is to have any everyday car that can get through any type of weather and not kill the budget on fuel.
post #85 of 505 Old 03-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Hello and welcome 08CompassNL, glad to have you join us here! Jeep Green, that looks so nice on the Compass, that was actually the first Compass I saw on the dealer lot, but I got talked into Silver haha! Your Jeep should meet and exceed your expectations, and for a growing family, the Compass is a great choice! I hope you enjoy the site and any questions you have, feel free to ask! Talk to ya' soon!

- Cherokee

post #86 of 505 Old 05-04-2010, 12:22 AM

Hello All! First post here. Just got a 2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4 (black) about two weeks ago and found this site while looking for modifications. So far I have gotten the front two windows tinted to match the back, along with the front windshield tinted as well (about two inches below legal). I bought a couple things for the interior along with the exterior as soon as I bought the vehicle. Mud flaps, Chrome Taillight covers, Chrome gas cover, and a cargo net for the back. Havn't done much yet but I am hoping to get a lot of ideas through this website.

Last edited by OffTheWoll; 05-04-2010 at 12:27 AM. Reason: color
post #87 of 505 Old 05-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard..........glad you found us and please enjoy the site !!!!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #88 of 505 Old 05-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Hello and welcome to the site and congrats on your Compass, sounds very nice! Another modder in our midst, sure hope you get to the magic number of posts soon 'cause I would sure love to see some pics! Look forward to seeing you around and if you need any help, just ask! Hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

post #89 of 505 Old 05-11-2010, 03:51 AM

Thanks Feel for Life and Cherokee, and I am loving the compass. Even though its rained the last two days and couldn't wash it! The sun might be out this weekend though! *crosses fingers*
post #90 of 505 Old 05-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Just got my used 2007 Jeep Compass

Hello all,

I live in Hull, Quebec, Canada and am the proud owner of 2007 Jeep Compass.
Went to dealer, price was 19k, bought privately and saved 10k!

Because I bought from a "French man", the manual is in French. Though I speak French, my reading is not that great.

Does anyone know how I can obtain an English manual?

Thanks,

Sue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in