New Members, please post introductions! - Jeep Compass Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 480 Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

New Members, please post introductions!

Therefore we can get some interaction going here. This Forum is underutilised!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 480 Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Been here for awhile but here goes.......

Just got my hands on a 2009 Compass Sport Edition Plus, 4X4 with CVT tranny............
So far so good ..........

I live in the Montreal area in Québec and I am a avid skier and golfer..............can't wait to get some snow to actually test the 4X4 on this one...........just sold my 2004 Santa Fe that gave me 5.5 years of loyal service............Hope the Compass will do the same !!!!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #3 of 480 Old 06-09-2009, 06:43 PM

I have been here for awhile too but I will also add an intoduction to contribute to the thread.

My name is Eric, I live in Kansas City. I bought a 2007 Jeep Compass Rallye Sport back in January of this year. Black on black 18", tinted windows, short antenna.

I also have a 1984 BMW 533i that I like to play with and wrench on. Hobbies, frolf or disk golf if you will, working on my cars, and chiling with friends.

Look forward to meeting some new members!!

Cheers, Eric

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 480 Old 06-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Pics baby we want pics.............

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #5 of 480 Old 06-10-2009, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

Hey eze, we ain't too far away(Kansas). The difference is that you're a City Boy, and I'm a Hayseed! Just funning, and I'm glad to list you as a Forum Friend!

|
|
post #6 of 480 Old 06-10-2009, 05:39 PM

Where about are you located?? Im acctually in Olathe, KS. Just south of Kansas City.

Also Ill try to get some pictures up. I have been meaning to for awhile but I cant find the cable that goes from my camera too my computer. Soon for sure.

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #7 of 480 Old 06-11-2009, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

I live in rural Wabaunsee county near Harveyville.

|
|
post #8 of 480 Old 06-13-2009, 01:06 AM

I picked up a 09 bright silver north 2x4 edition about 2 weeks ago. Love it so far it is the first jeep we have owned. I live in Halifax Nova Scotia Canada, Cole Harbor actually. My kids go to the same school that Sidney Crosby of the Pittsburgh Penguins went to as a kid. This place is Penguins crazy tonight everyone is watching game seven on the edge of their seats.
I also have an 06 Mazda 3 that I like very much, I am a member of a Mazda forum and it is an excellent source of information. I am hoping that this one starts to come around. I have noticed more activity over the last week or so I hope it keeps up.
post #9 of 480 Old 06-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you're on board Wes.......Pittsburgh is leadin 2 zip after 2 periods.........who knows you might see the Stanly Cup this summer in NS........

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #10 of 480 Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 PM

My first Jeep Compass 2009

Hello all,

Purchased a jeep compass in August 09 thru cash for clunkers program. I like the manual transmission, except there is a Clunk in the 1st gear. I've been reading posts (thanks all) and have taken it to the dealer under warranty.
post #11 of 480 Old 09-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum...............tell us more on your Compass's model, year, color etc....

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #12 of 480 Old 09-16-2009, 04:58 PM

Smile New members car description

I joined the group, with a White Compass 2009 Jeep which I purchased in Ft. Mill, South Carolina during the Cash for Clunkers program. It has auto door locks, tint and above all, a manual 5 speed transmission. It is currently at the Jeep dealer in Charlotte, NC with a clunking noise in first gear. I have done some online searching and found a similar problem posted in 9-08. I will get back to the forum when I learn what is wrong with mine!
post #13 of 480 Old 09-16-2009, 05:48 PM

Finally someone else I can speak southern to. Welcome photogirl to yall ya'll and yor kin. A lot of people (as great as they are) on this forum are from Canada, eh. How is my bald bud Mayor Funderburk carrying on?

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 09-16-2009 at 05:53 PM.
post #14 of 480 Old 09-16-2009, 08:12 PM

Oooh... so sorry, I am really a California girl! I don't speak with a drawl yet! I believe Mayor McCrory is just about over as mayor in Charlotte, NC but don' think he is bald(yet).

the image you posted is very beautiful. Thanks for your greeting.
post #15 of 480 Old 09-16-2009, 08:20 PM

LOL... thats OK, I am originally from Chicago just playing the role of a southern gentleman. Actually Funderbunk is a real name and he is the Mayor of Ft. Mill, S.C.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 09-16-2009 at 08:22 PM.
post #16 of 480 Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 PM

Garage
Manual Tranny

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogirl View Post
I joined the group, with a White Compass 2009 Jeep which I purchased in Ft. Mill, South Carolina during the Cash for Clunkers program. It has auto door locks, tint and above all, a manual 5 speed transmission. It is currently at the Jeep dealer in Charlotte, NC with a clunking noise in first gear. I have done some online searching and found a similar problem posted in 9-08. I will get back to the forum when I learn what is wrong with mine!
Welcome - I hope you get this issue resolved, or somehow it would self heal for you.
The 5-speed is truely a wonderful affair.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #17 of 480 Old 09-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

CL said :
Quote:
A lot of people (as great as they are) on this forum are from Canada
And your point is ?????

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #18 of 480 Old 09-17-2009, 01:39 AM

Not sure ifins yall would understand southern, sensuous arskin..... eh? I'm just saying.

post #19 of 480 Old 09-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Lol........................

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #20 of 480 Old 09-18-2009, 01:58 PM

Smile clunk in 1st gear

Hello -- thanks for you well wishes. The car was picked up yesterday. They applied more torque to cradle bolts, and lowered the control arm bolts.
Also warned the rotors were a bit warped, but I let it pass.

Let's see how it goes from here. I like manual transmissions alot.
post #21 of 480 Old 12-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Gus

Hello Compass Drivers!!!
Another Canadian member :P I couldn't seem to kill my 93 Grand Cherokee, but am upgrading anyway, and didn't consider anything other than another Jeep! My used 07 Limited 4x4 CVT gets delivered on Tuesday!
post #22 of 480 Old 12-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Gus..........welcome to the forum............what color have you picked and tell us more my friend !!!

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #23 of 480 Old 12-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Gus

I took the Light Khaki, the mileage was a little high, but well maintained, its in mint condition!
post #24 of 480 Old 12-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Keep posting and you'll be able to post picture after 15 posts.................any mod in mind?

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #25 of 480 Old 12-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Gus

nothing in mind yet, I want to see how it performs this winter first, I used my 4 wheel drive for three months straight last year
post #26 of 480 Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

where are you from exactly??? any snow or cold ??

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

post #27 of 480 Old 12-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Gus, great to have ya' here and congrats on your Compass! Nothing wrong with an upgrade, and the Compass makes a nice one. Look forward to seeing you around and hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #28 of 480 Old 12-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Gus

London Ontario, we don't have any snow yet here, its not that we get a whole lot of it that makes it necessary to have a 4x4, its the city's lax attitude toward cleaning it up!
post #29 of 480 Old 12-07-2009, 03:30 PM

Garage
We got about 2 or 3 inches here in places and it's -22 out today..... Just another beautiful day in paradise

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #30 of 480 Old 12-08-2009, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

we are supposed to between 30 to 40 cm on wednesday..........will hit the slope over the week end.............finally !!!!!

Long live 4X4..................I hope !

Laugh uncontrollably...
Have a wonderful day!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in