Howdy All - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 07-10-2009, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Smile Howdy All

Just checking in to say Hi to everyone, I'm 57 yrs old, but I'm still just a kid,I was looking for a new Rubi to tow behind my motorhome, when the wife saw this Inferno Red Compass Rallye w/5sp manual. Well I'll tell ya what, this car took me by surprise with the ride, handling, comfort, etc. Its a bit wider than my Jetta, which is great as I have gained a little weight (not much, mind you) . Anyway, the power is good, what's cool is you can really crawl on with the high revs this'll do..once you break it in right, it has impressive passing power for the HP it has, I have read that some get ok MPG, but mine is abnormal I guess, as at 77mph, I'm in the low 30's, using 87, 88, hand calculated at 6700 ft here in good 'ol Wyoming. Does anybody make any CAI's, chips, etc. for these yet? What are some better tires I can throw on it,as these are a bit noisy to me.
Thanks!!

Well that's typical of me, ask first then search! I found the aftermarket section, so I'll check it out.

Last edited by coolbeans; 07-10-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-11-2009, 02:31 AM

Welcome to the Forums! You are definately doing good on your MPG's, tell us more! I'm still averaging around 27 MPG but that drops off with air conditioning use.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 13 Old 07-11-2009, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome!
The Sirius with the Boston speakers is a whole lot better than the Sirius with the Infinity thats in my truck, 'course the amp and sub helps alot. At first, I thought the tailgate speakers were removable, but as far as I can see, they don't. Oh BTW, mine is the Sport Rallye.

09 Jeep Compass Rallye Sport 4X4 *inferno red*5sp manual*sun & sound grp* SOLD
04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4x4 *RED*
12 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn CC 4x4
48 Dodge Power Wagon AWD *continental flathead 6*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-11-2009, 10:28 AM

Garage
Welcome.
Finally a new member WITH a Compass.
I am sure you will enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #5 of 13 Old 07-12-2009, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!
Both the wife and I really like this car, I traded my 09 Jetta 2.5 5sp. for it..while I enjoyed the Jetta, and it's difficult to compare two different cars, the Compass does have a smoother ride, and better mpg, plus the advantage of 4x4, which always wins out over front wheel drive where we live.
And it has it's own style, pulling in for gas, many people say "that's a Jeep?""I didn't know Jeep made something like that, it's so different looking from all the other cars like this"..."and it's 4x4 too?"

post #6 of 13 Old 07-12-2009, 12:34 PM

Garage
Exclamation Smooth shifter

Glad you both are happy.
I notice you also chose the manual gear box.
Good choice!
Myself, when I chose the Compass, was concerned as my previous experiences with American manual gear boxes and clutches have never been as satisfiing as with German shifters.
I MUST SAY . . . THE COMPASS 5 Speed is WONDERFUL.
Smooth & quite shifting, a pleasure.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #7 of 13 Old 09-14-2009, 03:03 AM

I did not care for the tires that came with my Compass. They were LOUD with poor handling and awful ride. I switched to Yokohama Avids they have made so much difference; the Compass is a totally different beast with good rubber between it and the ground. By the way the factory shoes lasted only about 24,000 miles. I don't drive fast but I don't slow down for curves either.

CB not sure I ever welcomed you. Glad you are here. We need photos of your Compass under some of that big sky of Wyoming.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Last edited by CompassLimited; 09-14-2009 at 03:07 AM.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-14-2009, 03:27 AM

Yokohama Avids are what I roll on. I will replace with the same when the time is due unless someone can refer to a better tire for the Compass.

|
|

Last edited by Jeepster2; 09-14-2009 at 03:30 AM. Reason: converted A to O.
post #9 of 13 Old 09-14-2009, 10:53 PM

I also have A rallye!! check it out here if you havent seen it yet.

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1351

I wanna see some pictures of yours tho. What are the chances we can see it?

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #10 of 13 Old 10-23-2009, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again all !!
I've got some pics of it at the house, and on vacation, I'll get them posted.
Nice Rallye, eze07projectmayhem!

post #11 of 13 Old 10-24-2009, 01:27 AM

Get on it!! Ha I cant wait to see the red..

Thanks for the compliments!

2007 JEEP Compass Rallye
1984 BMW 533i

post #12 of 13 Old 10-24-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans View Post
Just checking in to say Hi to everyone, I'm 57 yrs old, but I'm still just a kid,I was looking for a new Rubi to tow behind my motorhome, when the wife saw this Inferno Red Compass Rallye w/5sp manual. Well I'll tell ya what, this car took me by surprise with the ride, handling, comfort, etc. Its a bit wider than my Jetta, which is great as I have gained a little weight (not much, mind you) . Anyway, the power is good, what's cool is you can really crawl on with the high revs this'll do..once you break it in right, it has impressive passing power for the HP it has, I have read that some get ok MPG, but mine is abnormal I guess, as at 77mph, I'm in the low 30's, using 87, 88, hand calculated at 6700 ft here in good 'ol Wyoming. Does anybody make any CAI's, chips, etc. for these yet? What are some better tires I can throw on it,as these are a bit noisy to me.
Thanks!!

Well that's typical of me, ask first then search! I found the aftermarket section, so I'll check it out.
Where at in Wyoming? I was born and raised in Cody!
post #13 of 13 Old 10-28-2009, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Hey, Javalitis!
I'm in Lyman, but born in Rock Springs, raised in San Bernardino, Ca.
I went from the largest county in the U.S. to the smallest one!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in