Looking for the Right Price on my new Compass! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 01-03-2007, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Looking for the Right Price on my new Compass!

I'm in the market for a Steel Blue Compass. I've test driven it twice & I like it. (Even my father likes it). Has anyone been able to negotiate the price, or, is this still truly too new a car for any real haggling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-03-2007, 08:29 PM
ACX

you have a 750 rebate in the US as it is, and yes there is wiggle room. cars.com may be able to give you a guide for US pricing.

I negotiated jeez, a little over a grand off our new one coming in or something..

this is canadian funds though.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-04-2007, 02:53 AM

I tried negotiating the price and wasn't able to at all, not even a buck. The dealer even showed me its wholesale price to prove that they don't have a big profit, yet, on this vehicle.

He said that if I bought a Limited Edition they might have been able to do something but not very much, but on the Sport 4x4 fully equipped, they can't do anything.

Good luck !

RedVortex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 01-04-2007, 03:07 AM

I paid full sticker price. And they didn't give me a real great trade-in value. But that's behind me now.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-04-2007, 04:00 PM

Pricing Guidelines

Take a look at this web site as a guide

http://autos.msn.com/research/autoprice ... 2007&UTN=0

I am in Canada and paid about $600 over invoice which is below MSRP. I bought Nov 29 and Compass' were in short supply. Jeep Compass with Power Options are hard to comeby and the dealers will not budge easily on pricing. You can get them to about US$ 400 over invoice if they have a few Power Options equipped models on the lot.
I was also very firm in declining all the frills and fancies they try to add on like - etching the glass, providing theft and GAP insurance etc which they portray as almost mandatory.

If the Compass does not have Power options you can negotiate.

Good Luck
post #6 of 10 Old 02-18-2007, 06:56 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the site. I'm seriously thinking of buying the Jeep Compass Limited Edition in 4x4 in Jeep Green because I live in Ontario and can have some bad winters. I'm going to test drive one on Tuesday.

I priced one out on the Canadian site and with all the options I wanted, it came to about $29,000 before tax. Also, there is a $1000 off recent graduate program, so that helps a bit for me.

Just wondering if you think there is any room for bargaining, or if I should possibly wait for a demo and save a couple thousand with like just under 10,000km on it.

Also, I was interested in navigation, but at almost $3000, it doesn't seem worth it. Does anyone know if I can put one in aftermarket that will fit properly?

Thanks!!
Michelle
post #7 of 10 Old 02-18-2007, 07:44 PM
ACX

nav will probably hold up your order... last I heard they weren't shipping with that option anyways.

you do have room to deal.

I'd not mention the recent grad rebate until you striek a price FIRST.

I'd shoot for 1000-1200 off the sticker.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-10-2007, 05:11 AM

Thanks for all your help guys!! I managed to get $500 over invoice... i think I'll finalize the deal tomorrow I just have to decide on colour... white or green..... im more towards green Oh ya and I also get an additional $500 off for being a recent grad.

I'm getting limited 4x4 with lots of options and was able to bargain... I think they just tell people that so they think they can't bargain....
post #9 of 10 Old 04-21-2007, 08:53 PM

There is a Jeep dealer called Smith Jeep. I believe its in the state of Washington. They are the largest Jeep dealer in the WORLD! Get the phone # off google and call them for a price then go to or call several jeep dealers. There is about $2,000. on a $23,00O Compass that they can dig into IF the dealer is hungry and sales are not good. Good luck.

farout
post #10 of 10 Old 08-03-2007, 02:29 AM

http://crcanadacars.org/default.asp

You can bargin a little, but there's not a huge mark up on these vehicles.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in