Another cash for clunkers deal - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 17 Old 08-09-2009, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Smile Another cash for clunkers deal

We were comparing the Dodge Caliber and the Chevy HHR, and when we saw the jeep, and that it got another 1,000 dollars off then the Caliber we moved it to the head of the line. The real selling points were the leg room in the back seat, much better then the Chevy or the Caliber, and the way the five speed manual transmission shifted. It was very smooth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-09-2009, 02:53 AM

Smart choice Chucke. WELCOME, tell us more. Color, motor, edition, got photos?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #3 of 17 Old 08-09-2009, 03:33 AM Thread Starter

Medium blue 4X2. Front wheel drive is fine for what we need. 2.4 litre engine w/5 spd manual trans.
It has a good quiet ride. We wanted something a little bit larger then the corolla or versa we already own. A quiet comfortable ride to Montana. The road noise in small cars wears you out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06JeepCompass.jpg (3.3 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 08-09-2009, 11:27 AM

Garage
I am glad you like the 5-speed.
My choice also and it really is a great feature.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #5 of 17 Old 08-10-2009, 02:54 AM

Many of us think the original tires are noisy. Glad you had a quiet trip to Montana.

That sounds like a Road Trip to me. I have created a thread under General Jeep Compass Discussion called road trip (s) if ya have a story or photos we would like to see them.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #6 of 17 Old 08-10-2009, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Chuck.............enjoy the ride (you already did as I can read.........hope all went well ?)

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #7 of 17 Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 AM

Welcome!

|
|
post #8 of 17 Old 08-13-2009, 08:29 PM

I also got my Jeep Compass through the Cash for clunkers program. I saw it online and I really liked the look of the car comparing to the other cars I could have bought, pt cruiser, hhr, caliber, etc... I really like the car so fat but I have only had it for about a week. Hopefully I continue to like it.
post #9 of 17 Old 08-14-2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segura15 View Post
I also got my Jeep Compass through the Cash for clunkers program. I saw it online and I really liked the look of the car comparing to the other cars I could have bought, pt cruiser, hhr, caliber, etc... I really like the car so fat but I have only had it for about a week. Hopefully I continue to like it.
I hope that you continue to like it too, and that it gives good service to you. They are an underrated automobile.

|
|
post #10 of 17 Old 08-14-2009, 05:22 AM

I was a little standoffish about purchasing a compass due to the negative reviews out there but I really liked the look of the car and after driving it.......... I have to strongly disagree with the "expert" reviews.
post #11 of 17 Old 08-14-2009, 11:00 AM

Garage
"Experts" or Kritics

Quote:
Originally Posted by segura15 View Post
I was a little standoffish about purchasing a compass due to the negative reviews out there but I really liked the look of the car and after driving it.......... I have to strongly disagree with the "expert" reviews.
The interesting thing about most of those so called "experts" or automotive critics was that they DID enjoy driving the Compass!
Seems there job is to nit-pick at things, like the plasticy interior or lack of storage on the backs of the front seats . . . but no real complaints about performance and function.
post #12 of 17 Old 09-01-2009, 12:24 PM

Right, I noticed that too. That there wasn't a real big problem identified except for the engine's "lack of pep" while in CVT mode (the autostick is a wonderful way to provide some pep every once in awhile IMO though) and the 2007 and 2008 models hard plastics or poorly put together interior.

Other than that they said good things about them! So weird.
post #13 of 17 Old 09-01-2009, 07:38 PM

I agree, once you drive the Compass you realize how well engineered it is. I once saw on AOL that the Compass was ranked one of the ugliest cars ever made. Can you believe that?
post #14 of 17 Old 09-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Probably from the same guys that said that the Pontiac Aztek was a masterpiece of creativity and beauty (OMG..................)
...........Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder !!!!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #15 of 17 Old 09-02-2009, 12:21 AM

Garage
Aztec - ugly to the bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpire410 View Post
I agree, once you drive the Compass you realize how well engineered it is. I once saw on AOL that the Compass was ranked one of the ugliest cars ever made. Can you believe that?
This position is firmly held by the Pontiac Aztec!
You know what they say - "Beauty is only skin deep - BUT UGLY - is to the bone."
post #16 of 17 Old 09-07-2009, 04:00 AM

The Jeep Compass is a remarkable automobile. It is well engineered, and has striking visual features. You either love it or hate it. Guess which camp I am in.

|
|
post #17 of 17 Old 09-07-2009, 04:52 PM

Being a Jeep Compass owner and aware of its capabilities, I love it, too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in