"New" to Jeep...soon at least - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 10-02-2009, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

"New" to Jeep...soon at least

Well, first off, hello to all! I just - or at least in the process of - purchasing my first Jeep.

Right now I have an 08 Caliber SRT4 (which I love and don't really want to part with) but have to get rid of her for my fam... Need something a little more practical with, although in the Compass not too much more, a little more Cargo room and something easier to get my 2 year old in and out of.

So I traded in my CSRT4 towards an 08 Compass Limited with 4WD. All of the basic standard items, leather, heated seats, CVT tranny.... She's got 9100 miles on her, books for $22,300 and we're getting her for 18 grand even.

I've heard a lot of "bad" about the CVT's but my test drive made me feel a little better. Although it was really only around the block, but in a lot of traffic with lots of hard acceleration. I'll just say that it was a little on the lack-luster side. But not as bad as I expected with the car reviews that I have read...

Anywho. It'll be a couple weeks before I can pick her up. But I'll be getting pics up as soon as I do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-02-2009, 07:03 PM

Welcome to the family. If you have any questions or concerns this forum is filled with many knowledgeable people.

Steel blue metallic
'08 Compass Sport
2WD, PW/PL
As of 2/25/11 have almost 50,000 miles and no major problems to date.
post #3 of 16 Old 10-03-2009, 02:12 AM

Garage
Great to have you along for the ride. . . Caliber for a Compass . . . brilliant upgrade . . . it will feel very familiar, in a bigger brighter sort of way.
(Not for me to say I felt the Caliber claustrophobic-but hay?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 10-03-2009, 02:13 AM

Welcome Java!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-03-2009, 04:23 AM

Welcome to the forum! Don't pay attention to the sorry reviews you've read on the Compass. I haven't read one yet that I didn't feel was unfair and prejudiced!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #6 of 16 Old 10-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.............keep in mind that you'll be able to post pictures after 15 posts..........in the meantime tell us more about your whereabout........you paid that price where ???

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #7 of 16 Old 10-03-2009, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post
........you paid that price where ???
Well, I'm over in Baumholder, Germany (US Army) and I paid that at a used car dealership. When I went to the bank, they said (by the VIN) that it booked for 23+ so I got a good deal.

I know that I'm going to miss my CSRT4 on the Autobahn... I could cruise at 130mph+.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Hey, welcome to the forum. Seeing that you got yours in europe also, is it petrol or diesel model. If diesel how fo ya find it? I think nearly every other member here is north american/canadian so it's difficult to compare powertrains!VW/Audi 6 speed manual 2.0L turbo diesel engine is only option available here in Ireland ,(not that I'm complaining though).
post #9 of 16 Old 10-03-2009, 08:20 PM

I have driven both and the Compass is far away the superior vehicle.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

OMG..........would love to spend a few hours on that Autobahn............

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #11 of 16 Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Well, It's an American Spec Compass. I'm in the military, just stationed over in Germany.

I do love the autobahn though! Really the biggest reason that I don't want to get rid of my CSRT4. But it's better for the Fam.
post #12 of 16 Old 10-05-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel for life View Post
OMG..........would love to spend a few hours on that Autobahn............
I've driven the Autobahn and felt that it was a recklass PITA! Driving fast is fun for a bit, but it wears off, at least for me.

|
|
post #13 of 16 Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javalitis View Post
Well, It's an American Spec Compass. I'm in the military, just stationed over in Germany.

I do love the autobahn though! Really the biggest reason that I don't want to get rid of my CSRT4. But it's better for the Fam.
Oh,Yes! Enjoy Germany, I think it's one of the best Countries that I have visited(best beer). The autobahn is alright if you live there!

|
|
post #14 of 16 Old 10-07-2009, 03:07 AM

Bitte ein Bit but not on the autobahn.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.
post #15 of 16 Old 10-07-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompassLimited View Post
Bitte ein Bit but not on the autobahn.
Bitt ein Bit. I picked up a couple of those window decals years or decades back and used the last one on my 2001 Ford SuperCrew which I traded in for my Compass. I sure do miss the Bitt ein Bit decal and would really like to find the source for another. The SuperCrew was Ok, but had too many problems for me..

|
|
post #16 of 16 Old 12-14-2009, 04:45 PM

A new German beer garden opened in Jersey City, NJ and it's a great place to meet friends and party. It's name is Zeppelin. Here is its website http://www.zeppelinhall.com/ Plenty of free parking next to the light rail station. It's located off Grand St. (Liberty View Dr.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in