2012 Compass - Pennsylvania - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ValleyDJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 Old 07-17-2012, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

2012 Compass - Pennsylvania

After six years as a two-Jeep family, we decided to add a third to the stable and got a new Compass Latitude 4x4 in mineral gray. Loving it so far - better gas mileage, lots of "creature comforts," and no worries. The CVT II is a unique thing...getting used to it, though.

No major mods, as it's leased, but we did add a Mopar cargo tote and some WeatherTech FloorLiner mats so far.

Here are a couple of pics:

Our oldest Jeep and our newest, side by side:

Bruno likes this.

2018 Compass Trailhawk (Laser Blue)
1999 Cherokee Sport (Gunmetal Blue)
1990 Comanche (Red)
1989 Wrangler YJ (Red)

Scientia est lux lucis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-17-2012, 11:49 PM

Garage
Welcome. What county in PA? I see you don't have an Emission sticker.

2011 Compass Latitude ,28B ,Freedom Drive II Off Road Group, Sun & Sound ,,Bright Silver,Husky Liners,Mopar Molded Flaps,Xpel clear door edge guards, Stainless Steel exhaust tip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 07-18-2012, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Franklin County - no emissions testing for us, out in the middle of Amish country.

First week we had our new Compass, we took it up to Altoona. Temps in the high 90s, high humidity, AC running the whole way up and down all of those mountains, auto-sticking on the downgrades to help control descent...ran like a champ all the way there and back.

Thanks for the welcome!

1990 Comanche (Red)
1989 Wrangler YJ (Red)

Scientia est lux lucis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 07-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Couple nice Jeeps, glad to hear you're enjoying the Compass, thanks for sharing the pics! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #5 of 16 Old 07-18-2012, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Cherokee! And in honor of your username, here's our "middle" Jeep, our '99 Cherokee. Over 154k miles and still going strong. This was taken right after we had a friend remove the door trim, fix the rocker rust, and apply Herculiner to the rocker panels.

1990 Comanche (Red)
1989 Wrangler YJ (Red)

Scientia est lux lucis.
post #6 of 16 Old 07-19-2012, 07:17 AM

Garage
Welcome to the club. U got 2 nice older well maintained vehicles, just as vehicles should be cared for.

2007 Jeep Compass 4x4 Limited (black)
2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS (blue)
post #7 of 16 Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Nice looking Cherokee and I agree, definitely looks like you take good care of your rides! Here is mine, hence my username lol

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #8 of 16 Old 07-19-2012, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Nice XJ - ours has the I6 also. I'll admit, I do miss the I6 when I'm trying to accelerate from a stop in the Compass.

Thanks to both of you for the compliments! We do try to take care of them well. We plan on keeping them as long as possible...although the salesman did try to talk me into trading the XJ in on the Compass, as he's been looking for an XJ like that.

Both the XJ and the YJ are lifted, but only 2" budget lifts. Gave us more clearance for better tires and offered a little more "flex room."

1990 Comanche (Red)
1989 Wrangler YJ (Red)

Scientia est lux lucis.
post #9 of 16 Old 07-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the compliment on my XJ. Funny, I had a similar experience years ago when I was looking to buy another vehicle, the dealership wanted my Jeep, was even willing to give me good money for it but there was no way I was letting it go! BTW, like the color of your YJ, we literally called the color of my '81 Ram "oxidized" maroon lol!

- Cherokee

post #10 of 16 Old 07-21-2012, 02:33 AM Thread Starter

Heh...yeah, our salesman asked us several times if we were sure we didn't want to trade the XJ.

As for the YJ, we've waxed it a couple of times, and it always looks great right after...but soon goes back to its old oxidized self. It's a tank, though. It has been involved in two separate collisions with deer, both at around 45-50 mph. The deer (both full grown does) were goners, while the YJ was able to be driven home both times without any major damage. No damage at all the first time, other than some deer hair and flesh throughout the undercarriage. Second time, one front fender and fog lamp were borked, but the fender was easily hammered out and Herculined, and the aftermarket fog lamp was replaced.

It, too, is still going strong. Any time I talk to someone who has lost a vehicle to a deer, I always tell them they should buy an old Jeep!

1990 Comanche (Red)
1989 Wrangler YJ (Red)

Scientia est lux lucis.
post #11 of 16 Old 07-26-2012, 03:22 AM

Welcome! I'm from the Gettysburg area, perhaps we'll cross paths sometime.
post #12 of 16 Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams83 View Post
Welcome! I'm from the Gettysburg area, perhaps we'll cross paths sometime.
Thanks! We most likely will...I know the Gettysburg area very well and even lived and worked there for a while. Hubby still works in G-burg, so you may see the blue Cherokee as well. We're also in the area for other things from time to time.

1990 Comanche (Red)
1989 Wrangler YJ (Red)

Scientia est lux lucis.
post #13 of 16 Old 08-01-2012, 07:28 PM

Jeep still around?

VJD; Is Mcknight Motors still around? AMC/Jeep dlr for many moons in C-burg. Recently returned home to Lanc. County by Rt.30 via Maconnelsburg Mt. etc. going west to east. We were in our '12 Compass & had no problem up or Ft.Loudon side (down). Have you tried Long Pine Run fire road on So. Mountain? Also nice pleasure drive for bike or Jeep on 234 from So. Mt. to York! Just throwing in my twocents as I a former CASH alum.
post #14 of 16 Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 PM

Neighbors

I just joined today,. I have a 2012 Compass sport, we are neighbors, Adams County Pa here. Houdy Neighbor
post #15 of 16 Old 02-02-2013, 06:33 PM

Nerf Bars

Has anyone installed nerf bars on their compass. Seriously thinking about it, just concerned abour how it will look, I like to look of my 12 Compass. I already have vent shades
post #16 of 16 Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM

new oxford here,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in