2010 Jeep Compass Ltd w/auto trans - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 10-23-2012, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Cool New So Cal member

Greetings,

White 2010 Jeep Compass Ltd w/auto trans

New member located in Chino Hills, CA. I actually like the frog eye look of the earlier version Compasss, so went that way instead of going new. It's been fun getting to know this new member of our family. I found it via a buying service via my Credit Union that also gave me a 5 year loan at 1 1/2%. Almost free money for a used car. Cool.

Initial plans
Installing usability upgrades such as adding UConnect ($215) with IPod connector ($32) to compliment my stock 230 head unit, front and rear mud guards ($38 per pair), and Husky rear cargo liner ($62). All ordered today.

I also ordered a new Fram Cool Breeze cabin air filter (as I doubt it's ever been changed) and a K&N drop in Air Filter as have been a long time fan.

I only received one transponder key, but did get one basic key. But it seemed a good idea to have a back up transponder key just in case, so I ordered a blank one ('$48').

Abandoned plan
Being a big fan of over engineering the mechanics I looked into getting the Engine Oil Cooler Kit. But I learned my year came with an auto trans cooler (a good thing) that prevents adding the engine cooler. So much for that idea.

Parts & Service Sources/Resources?
Being a long time car guy (long time passion for Mazda RX7’s and active in that community since there has been RX7’s ), I know there are factory car dealers that leverage into mass car communities such as for Jeeps and provide excellent discounts for stock parts. So surfing around I found a dealer in Arizona that has an internet department providing what seemed pretty darn good prices. I can share their contact information if forum rules allows. I’m interested in learning of other parts sources that can help minimize wallet damage.

To leverage into the wealth of Jeep Compass knowledge on this Forum, I'd appreciate advice for getting the new transponder key programmed/coded would be appreciated so I can avoid dealer damage to my wallet. Same goes for the UConnect once it's installed.

Future plans
My sound system is the basic 4 door speakers set up. So future plans is to upgrade the door speakers, install and wire in aftermarket tweeters in stock location (found mounting brackets offered on EBay) and perhaps a self powered Bazooka tub.

My first request for information
So not to create clutter I'm a big BIG believer in using Forum search engines to surf around for retrofit information before posting questions, but I only found basic discussions on this speaker retrofit. Is a cross over needed for the tweeters, or is there a high frequency output and low frequency output already present on the stock 230 head unit?
I'd appreciate any insight from any members that has done this Tweeter/Sub-woofer retrofit.

Best regards to all,

Jon

Last edited by dahozzman; 10-23-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-24-2012, 06:09 AM

Garage
Welcome to the club.
I can't say anything about the electronics part cuz I don't know anything.
The cabin air filter may not even be there. I have a 2007 and bought it last year and went to change it and it was never installed from the factory. I think everyone here has found that when doing a filter change for the first time.

Post some pics!

2007 Jeep Compass 4x4 Limited (black)
2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS (blue)

Last edited by ronjr8102; 10-24-2012 at 06:11 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-24-2012, 01:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahozzman View Post
Abandoned plan
Being a big fan of over engineering the mechanics I looked into getting the Engine Oil Cooler Kit. But I learned my year came with an auto trans cooler (a good thing) that prevents adding the engine cooler. So much for that idea.
not really true. there were two different part numbers for the engine cooler. one for MKs built before 11/2009 that did not have the CVT cooler, and one built after. you just looked at the wrong part number. this is the one you need:

Mopar EASy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-24-2012, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
not really true. there were two different part numbers for the engine cooler. one for MKs built before 11/2009 that did not have the CVT cooler, and one built after. you just looked at the wrong part number. this is the one you need:

Mopar EASy
The advice that I couldn't install this kit came from the Parts guy after reviewing the notes to my Compass related to my VIN #. Something got lost in that translation????? If so, then

IRSmart, recognizing by your signature you're a dealer guy, I'll PM you my VIN and you can see what the parts guys was looking at. I appreciate your help.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-26-2012, 03:34 AM

Garage
Welcome along, let's see pics! Wish we got a limited, would have liked leather and/or nav. Might get a Fram cabin filter, just saw it on tv from canadian tire.

Also might go for white in our next truck, whenever that may be...

Enjoy!

Traded for '13 Ford Edge

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in