2013 Compass-Urban Tactical Grocery Getter - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

2013 Compass-Urban Tactical Grocery Getter

Hello from OK. Just took delivery of a 2013 Sport, base as you can get. We have a Durango (Company car) I drive, have a 2011 Ram to tow the camper, and wife had a 20010 Wrangler Unlimited, but we sold it to scrape up some cash to buy a house. House is bought, wife decides she doesn't want to keep driving the big truck, so, we start looking for another economy car. She's had a Hyundai Accent 2 door hatchback a while back, which she liked, so that was on the list. We also swung by the Dodge dealer to check out the Dart. Both, she decided, were too small. Hadn't even considered the Compass, but she saw one, and wanted to drive it. She liked it, but hated the auto, that CVT is just plain loud....And, since this is essentially a 3rd car for commuting and taking the kid to school, economy was key here....that's where the Jeep won out, we also (after deciding she wanted a small SUV instead of a car) compared the CRV, Hyundai something or other, Rav 4, etc.

Prices were all higher than we wanted, so we started looking for used,....found several Compasses at what I thought was a reasonable price, but decided to give the new dealer a shot-Long story short, we ended up with a new 2013 Compas, with everything we wanted standard on the base Sport model (A/C, cruise, power window/locks etc) and pulled it in for more than $4000 off sticker. Not bad, it was actually cheaper than I could get a 2012 Sport on the used market!

So far, wife loves it, thought I'd pop in here and do a little reading, see where the trouble spots are, and how to catch them early. We don't plan on doing any mods-It's strictly a grocery getter and urban tactical soccer mom transport for us, but I think it's going to fit the bill just fine, low entry cost, relatively good milage (for something larger than a compact, with decent ground clearance to get the kayaks to the river) seems comforatable, and room for us and the dogs. Think it turned out to be a good purchase!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 03:10 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum my friend. I am Jeepney_driver. I have several postings that might help you keep your jeep running new for a long time. I have a '07 that I drive everyday and I love it. I have made several improvements to the vehicle in terms of making it more quiet and trouble free. I have also made great improvements on my sound system without great cost and the sound is terrific. I will share many more ideas with all of you. At 162,000 miles my car still drives like a new car. Check out my postings and again, WELCOME!!!
post #3 of 4 Old 04-09-2013, 02:11 PM

The 2013 Land Rover Range Rover ranks 6 out of 10 Luxury Large SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of 10 published reviews and test drives of the Land Rover Range Rover, and our analysis of reliability and safety data.
--------
2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-10-2013, 03:40 PM

Garage
Hello

Hi all,
Just checking in. Recently purchased a 2010 Compass with 40k miles. It's orange with grey interior. PW, PD, cruise, AC, FWD. My excitement died down when the suspension started squeaking and popping. Within a week had the front sway bar, bushings, and struts replaced. Still squeaking. The back has started squeaking too. All at low speed rolling over smooth bumps. When backing up drivers side front pops when braking. I'll have them check control arms, tie rods next. Glad I bought a comprehensive warranty. If anyone has had these specific issues and solved them, I would like to hear how you did it. Not too worried. I figure it's fixable. I really like pretty much everything else about it. It really drives smooth at speed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in