The owner of a new 2013 Jeep Compass L4x4 - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 03-14-2013, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The owner of a new 2013 Jeep Compass L4x4

Hello everyone! I am the owner of a new 2013 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4. Do not know how much posting I'll do but I wanted to join the community, see what there is to learn about the vehicle, and participate when I can.

I have only had the vehicle for a day now, but I really like it. Many of the reviews online seem to give the compass some very low scores (around 6/10) for example. Mainly due to the small cargo space and the loud engine. I for one enjoy having the 4x4, a billowing engine and a vehicle that isn't common to everyone in the area.

The 4x4 is nice specially in the snowy north where I live.

May I ask a few questions to help me on my search for information:

- The warranty is for 36 months, what can I expect to go wrong in those 36 months or what is common to break that I need to watch out for?

- I have the basic radio system and was looking at crutchfield for entry-level dvd player. I found a Jensen one that will require a special cable to keep steering wheel commands. What does everyone think of the conversion to a 3rd party system and how easy is it to install?

- When I was coming home from the dealer the other day you could see what looked like smoke coming from the engine compartment is this common for new vehicles? Sort of like buring off the oil, etc.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you and congrats on your Compass! We'd love to see some pics of your new ride if you have some you can share! Those are some good questions and hopefully with the 2013's, some of the issues have been resolved like tie rod ends, etc. As for the aftermarket stereo, I'll leave that to the audio experts lol but smoke from the engine bay, I wouldn't call that normal, hasn't happened to me with any new vehicle. Did you pop the hood and look for anything that doesn't look right? Any problems, take it back, that's what warranties are for but good luck, hope you enjoy the site and your new Compass!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in