New 2013 Jeep Compass :) - Jeep Compass Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By cdv3888
  • 2 Post By Smitty

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 06-01-2013, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Wink New 2013 Jeep Compass :)

I decided to join this forum and website for information or a peace of mind that I made a good choice with my purchase. I researched different SUVs but the compass seemed to fit my budget and needs. I am a young 25 year old teacher on a budget with no kids and wanted an SUV just not the big price with the big engine. I live in FL so no snow or hills etc.
I got a good deal on my 2013 Compass. But...the typical buyers regret came into play when I started reading about the terrible reviews on forums and such. I did my research before I bought it by looking on Kelly blue book reviews and read the pros and cons. I still thought the purchase would be reasonable but now it seems that its only a "piece of junk glued together" But I honestly love it so far! It is my first big vehicle purchase. I drove a 1990 buick then a 1993 buick in high school and college with no air. So..to ME, this is like the best vehicle ever. Just need some reassurance if there's any out there!
wojeda likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-02-2013, 12:38 AM

Reassurance

Don't be influenced by others. You know what you want better than they do. I drove many vehicles and ignored what Consumer Reports and others said; I went by what I knew and learned on my own. My 2014 Compass is the perfect combination for my wife and me. It is compact, roomy, versatile, economical, comfortable, hauls lots of stuff, and will tow my boat. I know a neighbor who put 200,000 miles on his. Chrysler products have held up better for me than others. My Compass will haul grandkids, dogs, fishing tackle, garden supplies, etc, in comfort- more comfort than a friend's expensive Mercedes with hard leather seats and a huge bill just to change the oil (no kidding, M-B required him to do a $600 annual "routine" service.) My daughter had a BMW that constantly needed repairs- imagine what they soaked her for those! A lot of the Compass is based on the Dodge Caliber- there are thousands of those still on the road and they have worked the bugs out. Relax; you made a good choice.
wojeda and Bruno like this.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-02-2013, 03:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Don't be influenced by others. You know what you want better than they do. I drove many vehicles and ignored what Consumer Reports and others said; I went by what I knew and learned on my own. My 2014 Compass is the perfect combination for my wife and me. It is compact, roomy, versatile, economical, comfortable, hauls lots of stuff, and will tow my boat. I know a neighbor who put 200,000 miles on his. Chrysler products have held up better for me than others. My Compass will haul grandkids, dogs, fishing tackle, garden supplies, etc, in comfort- more comfort than a friend's expensive Mercedes with hard leather seats and a huge bill just to change the oil (no kidding, M-B required him to do a $600 annual "routine" service.) My daughter had a BMW that constantly needed repairs- imagine what they soaked her for those! A lot of the Compass is based on the Dodge Caliber- there are thousands of those still on the road and they have worked the bugs out. Relax; you made a good choice.
X2
I make those my words. I would only include in that list hauling hunting gear and hauling 2 deers per season from the woods back home.
The car that suits me the best, Compass and my old Patriot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 10:37 AM

Great Price on great vehicle

I just bought a new 2013 Jeep Compass over the weekend--only driven it about 50 miles so far. But I had a Jeep Patriot about a year ago and regretted selling it. My main incentive in going to the Compass was the price. I ended up buying the Compass Sport 4X4 with the 2.4 engine and Uconnect 230 and Uconnect voice command with Bluetooth.
I really love Uconnect with voice command (have it on my Ram truck too). I guess they are really trying to sell the 2013's since they have already come out with the 2014s with the 6 speed transmission. Honestly, I am not a lover of the CVT--but my wife doesn't care and this will be her vehicle (well--when I am not driving it--LOL). Even though I live in Upstate SC I like having the 4X4 since I am not too far from the mountains in NC. I only have the Freedom one version, but it appears to be a good choice for me with AWD all the time and then the ability to lock it for snow or other 4 wheel needful driving conditions. Oh, now to my main point--price--list-$24,390---purchase price-$18,500--(no trade-in-so my actual purchase price)-that is why I decided I could live with the CVTII. I will keep you posted if I change my mind, but I am sure it will serve my need of better gas mileage than my Ram hemi 4X4 and be a nice vehicle for all around service.

Last edited by Rampass; 06-03-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: title added

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in