Old man with new 2013 compass-- - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rampass

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 06-11-2013, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Old man with new 2013 compass--

I posted this under someone's thread--but since I am new here--decided to post it where it actually belongs--my own buying experience and thoughts so far--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought a new 2013 Jeep Compass over the weekend (May31-2013)--only driven it about 50 miles so far. (update--about 300 now) But I had a
Jeep Patriot about a year ago and regretted selling it. My main incentive in going to the Compass was the price. I ended up buying the Compass Sport 4X4 with the 2.4 engine and Uconnect 230 and Uconnect voice command with Bluetooth. (not everything I wanted-but price and availibility was a big factor)

I really love Uconnect with voice command (have it on my Ram truck too). I guess they are really trying to sell the 2013's since they have already come out with the 2014s with the 6 speed transmission. Honestly, I am not a lover of the CVT--but my wife doesn't care and this will be her vehicle (well--when I am not driving it--LOL). Even though I live in Upstate SC I like having the 4X4 since I am not too far from the mountains in NC. I only have the Freedom one version, but it appears to be a good choice for me with AWD all the time and then the ability to lock it for snow or other 4 wheel needful driving conditions.

Oh, now to my main point--price--list-$24,390---purchase price-$18,500--(no trade-in-so my actual purchase price)-that is why I decided I could live with the CVTII. I will keep you posted if I change my mind, but I am sure it will serve my need of better gas mileage than my Ram hemi 4X4 and be a nice vehicle for all around service.

UPDATE--with about 300 miles of driving I still like the Compass--(still not a lover of the CVT--but not as bad as I remembered-hey, I only keep a vehicle a year if that long unless I run out of money or financing ability--LOL) Gas mileage is not that great so far--only about 17 to 18 in mainly town driving with loooooong red lights. But it sure beats my mpg on the Ram Quad Cab Big Horn with the hemi and a 4 by 4. It is a nice vehicle to drive around town compared to my Ram and easier to get into parking spaces. So it is doing what I bought it for and it fun to drive. I will keep try to keep you posted if I change my mind--but so far I am happy I purchased the Compass.
wojeda likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-12-2013, 01:42 AM

Old Man with new Compass

I'm also an old man who bought a new Compass, a 2014. I sure didn't get a deal like you got. I paid near the sticker price because the dealer had to go a long way to get what I wanted- a sport 4X2 with 2.4 engine and 6-speed automatic. I had him add a tow package with engine oil cooler. I'm happy with the little rig- already put 5000 miles on it in about 8 weeks, including an 1800 mile road trip. Best mileage has been 32; most highway mileage is around 29, in town I'm getting low to mid 20s. Glad I got the 6 -speed, that was why I waited for a year after driving the CVT. I bought it for my wife; she liked it better than anything else we drove. My last Jeep was a 79 Cherokee with 360 V-8, what a beast that was!
post #3 of 3 Old 06-28-2013, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Hey Smitty

I am glad you are happy with your new 2014 compass and I had driven one with the 6 speed and it is really nice compared to the CVT, but the one I drove was a limited and my budget was limited too--so couldn't get it. The 2014 listed for about 26 thousand or more (can't remember--limited versions are high and nicely equipped) and like you said-not much discount on the 2014s.

But I am still satisfied with the 2013 despite the CVT, but like I said before--not a big fan of it. It still gets us around town and would probably get us around in the mountains of NC in the winter time if we should desire to go up there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in