Another new compass - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 03-22-2007, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Another new compass

Hey guys, first Jeep, and first domestic car, I love it. Only one thing echos in the back of my head.....its not a 4X4. In the end, i did buy it for my wife, so my next car i think might be the TJ or YJ. I want something good for the cottage and some amateur off roading. I will be installing a dvd player with a screen in the front and one in the back, should be done in a few weeks, still waiting on the lcd's, keep my daughter busy in the back, anyway cheers!

Cham
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-22-2007, 04:24 PM
ACX

Should be a fine car for the wife. Definitely not a hard core offroader, but won't do any worse than the other CUVs or baby SUVs out there.

Congrats.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-23-2007, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Welcome. Congrats on your new ride, and hope you are enjoying it as much as I am. Yeah, the off-roading is better left to the Wrangler or older Cherokees, as the new Cherokees are almost too pretty for that, lol. Anyhoo, in the Compass videos online, where they are testing in in Oregon, on the beaches and all, like they said, this car can go just about anywhere, and it handles its own. Very sure-footed and confident. Take care, and happy driving!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-25-2007, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Yea, i was going to buy a bike next year thats why i bought this for my wife....i might put that off for a bit and get a wrangler. I would love to do some off-roading.

Cham
post #5 of 6 Old 03-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Like to do a bit of off-roading myself now and then. We have a few decent trails around here, if you know where to look, and they can be a bit of a challenge. No rock-crawling or anything like that, but plenty of steep hills and the like. More fun after a good rain, though. Most people here have 4-wheelers, I just take my Cherokee, and I can go anywhere they can. I wouldn't take the Compass, though, just not enough ground clearance for some of that, but eventually I will find one that it can handle, just to try it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #6 of 6 Old 04-01-2007, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Ive always thought about buying a wrangler for off roading but it was never practical at the time. Now we have the compass as soon as my wife is done her driver training and gets her full drivers permit, I'm going to get the wrangler. There's used ones here going for about 5kCND with about 100k on them, worth a look anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in