Hello from Michigan! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 10 Old 03-05-2010, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
AOK

Hello from Michigan!

I just purchased a 2007 Sport 4X4 today and I couldn't be more excited. Only 29,000 miles on this bad boy and it looks brand new! It appears I won't be able to use the 4 wheel drive until next winter though. I've never had a 4X4 so I can't wait to try it out in the snow!

Anyways, great to be here and I look forward to many great experiences with my (new to me) Jeep Compass and this forum!

"Ability will never catch up with the demand for it." -Confucius
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-05-2010, 05:17 AM

Hey welcome to the forum! Hope your new compass continues to bring a smile on your face i know mine has since i bought it about a month ago and from the pic and the sounds of it we have identical vehicles since my odometer just clicked 29100 as i pulled in the driveway tonight! Can't wait to hear how the 4x4 works next winter since i have it on mine but since i am currently in sunny florida i have no use for it but hey it never hurts to plan for the worst! Feel free to throw in your 2 cents where ever from what ive noticed everyone here it awesome! and if u start any projects/upgrades with ur compass let us know cuz im defiantly always looking to change mine up a little bit here and there (actually repainting the silver interior trim this weekend cuz i think its out of place in the red compass' but to each is own). Good luck with your new car and remember were always here to help with any troubles!
post #3 of 10 Old 03-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Hey there AOK and welcome to the forum, great to have you and congrats on your Compass, sounds awesome! You have any mod ideas for it? Inquiring minds want to know, lol, but hope you enjoy the site!

whalejr31, you can always try engaging the 4WD on any loose gravel or slippery road, just to make sure it stays working and keeps all the parts lubricated. Nothing worse than having it and it not working when you need for it to. Just my .02.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-05-2010, 01:09 PM

Garage
Hi AOK! We are all proud of our Compasses! Jeep vehicles are a good example of smart money.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-05-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
you can always try engaging the 4WD on any loose gravel or slippery road, just to make sure it stays working and keeps all the parts lubricated. Nothing worse than having it and it not working when you need for it to. Just my .02.
Hey thanks for the advice, i always knew to keep using it every so often to make sure it works and to get the oil moving around, i just kept bringing it to the small simple trails of sand and popping the 4x4 on but as much fun as that can be some times i dont like all the salt thats mixed in with the sand getting everywhere especially since it is starting to warm up down here. But i am interested to see how well they run in the snow and ice from the lake affect showers up there since i am originally from Rochester, NY and will probably be going back to visit family in my compass throughout the years! But thanks for the .02 since i have always tried to avoid engaging it on pavement.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Administrator

No problem, like you said, we're all here to help, and that's one thing I found worked for me since I couldn't take my XJ offroad as often as I wanted to haha, and I can't blame ya' about the sand/salt, but that's the good thing about Jeeps, while it's fun to get them dirty, they do clean up well!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #7 of 10 Old 03-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Thumbs up

Welcome, AOK, from snowy Wyoming!

09 Jeep Compass Rallye Sport 4X4 *inferno red*5sp manual*sun & sound grp* SOLD
04 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4x4 *RED*
12 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn CC 4x4
48 Dodge Power Wagon AWD *continental flathead 6*
post #8 of 10 Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

No more need to welcome you .........just simply enjoy the forum......

PS: welcome anyway !!!!

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably...
Never regret anything that made you smile!
Have a wonderful day!

post #9 of 10 Old 03-09-2010, 02:33 AM

lol, you always were a bit... different FFL lol =P

Welcome to the forum AOK, have fun in your new toy!

Run from me if you want to live.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 (4x4 all the way baby!)
post #10 of 10 Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 AM

Spring is starting to make an appearance here in TN. So that means clean up time on the Compass. Took out at least one full trash bag of just junk that had accumulated. The Jeep seems to be a lot more roomy now. LOL

By the way AOK the 4x4 on the Compass works great. I actually towed a commercal truck to the top of my driveway on a layer of solid ice.

Jeep is a way of life, not just transportation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in