Pics of the new baby - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By montanacompass

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 04-21-2014, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Pics of the new baby

OK, here we go. Not the best pics but I am sure more will be coming. Here are the vitals:

Latitude (thought about the Limited but was afraid of the combination of dog nails and leather).

True blue pearl (really looks purple in a certain light....awesome).

FDII including the all-terrain tires, skid plates, etc. I put it in low coming down a steep hill and it was kind of cool with the hill descent brake thing, although also noisy.

Sun and sound (love the sunroof--didn't really need the 9 speaker BA system but am glad I got it--it sounds fantastic).

Uconnect 430 and Uconnect voice and bluetooth (today it read me my text messages and I've loaded all my tunes on the HDD--rocked out to some Berzerk on my cruise today--I say f**k it, before we kick the bucket, Life's too short to not go for broke!).

My initial review is that I love it. The acceleration, which I had worried a bit about based on professional reviews, is MORE than enough. I caught myself speeding several times just because it is so quick and quiet (at least compared to the '98 Tacoma I was moving from). I was also afraid of the CVT based on professional reviews but have decided they are clueless or looking for a sports car. I love the CVT--there is no untimely down or up shifting.

The ride is smooth. It handled a really rough fire road perfectly today--a few times there was bedrock (not rocks, but BEDROCK--I live in western Montana) jutting up through the dirt tracks and I held my breath as I went over them but no problems. Glad for the 9 inches of clearance. My dog fits perfectly in the passenger seat. I got a cheap Jeep seat cover for her seat to grab at least some of the dog hair.

Still thinking about some extended warranty (I know, I know, but I may keep it for 15 years--just like I did my last vehicle--and I think I can get the Mopar Maxcare lifetime thing for about 2400), roof crossbars, etc.

In short, LOVE IT!!! There are some jeep trails west of Missoula that I am going to try out on my next day off....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 070.JPG (152.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 071.JPG (154.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 073.JPG (153.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 074.JPG (136.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 075.JPG (151.3 KB, 16 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Very nice compass, When I got mine I wanted a red one, and the only ones they had at my dealership were black and white, although True blue looks really sharp.

Do you have any mods planned? There are quite a few things you can do do a compass, let me know if you have questions I've modified just about everything on my compass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #3 of 3 Old 05-04-2014, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Tyler. No big mods planned although I have considered a lift. For now, a hitch bike rack and crossbars are on the agenda, but not much else.

I watched a bunch of your videos while I was shopping--very cool. I am planning on hitting a couple of jeep trails west of Missoula and I'll take and post some video when I do.
Tyler-98-W68 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in