Word..... Tis My Way Of Saying Hello - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 15 Old 05-31-2010, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Word..... Tis My Way Of Saying Hello

Hey what's up?

Names Mat, I'm from Edmonton Alberta. Fiance just picked up a 2010 Jeep Compass North Edition. So being the typical male I went out to find a forum for her Compass.

Kinda lurked around here for a lil bit, liked what I saw so i joined. Also because I wanted to see the pictures of peoples rides.

So what I'm lookin for is performance parts and maybe some cosmetic upgrades and that kinda stuff. But I'm gonna have to start cheap so I was thinking cold air intake for a little more horsepower and exhaust will have to come later. Anyone got some exhaust clips so I could hear what they all sound like?

Last question, Saw that Startech Compass..... WOW !!!! Looks freakin awesome. Anywho, is that a body kit that you can buy for the compass? Or is it one all it's own?

All help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-31-2010, 08:27 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum Aredtear

hey im in spruce grove and the k&n intake kit is $330 from my local muffler shop out here in spruce grove and they quoted me about $640 for the magnaflow exhaust kit. but im sure you can find a better price if you shop around. and if not pm me for the name of the muffler shop.

there is a forum members thread with the magnaflow kit complete with sound clips, just look in the Aftermarket and accessories section. thank you W4RH4WK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(O[][][][]O)

Last edited by Shecky; 05-31-2010 at 09:18 AM.
post #3 of 15 Old 06-10-2010, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Hey there Mat and welcome to the forum, great to have you here! Sounds like you have some cool mods in mind for it, too, so be sure to keep us posted. As far as the StarTech Compass, I don't know if that's a kit you can buy or not, but from what I recall, it's a one of a kind rendition. Feel free to ask if you need any help and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 06-12-2010, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Well it's kinda sad to say but the bank didn't come through so we don't have a compass. I'm gonna stay on this site however, because the wife really really wants a compass so we will probably try to get one later this year.
post #5 of 15 Old 06-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Wow man, sorry to hear that. Sure hope things work out better for you next time! In the meantime, plenty of time to research those mods!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #6 of 15 Old 06-14-2010, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Haha Touche, The first plans I'd have for it is Cold Air Intake and then Dual Exhaust.... I just love the way duals look on vehicles. And if the wife lets me (since it's her car) maybe brush bar on the front so we can move those slow ass vehicles infront of us hahaha
post #7 of 15 Old 06-19-2010, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know if theirs a Turbo Kit for the compass? Or has anyone ever turbo'd or supercharged their compass?
post #8 of 15 Old 06-20-2010, 02:39 AM

Garage
I've heard of it but the drive train isn't strong enough to handle the extra HP created by a turbo and definitely a supercharger. Not saying it can't be done but there would be a lot of upgrading to do before being tried.

2009 Jeep Compass North 4X4, Sunburst Orange

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #9 of 15 Old 06-21-2010, 04:59 AM
Administrator

I tend to agree with smokey on this one, and don't think forced induction on the Compass would be a good idea, but would definitely require some modifications to make it work.

- Cherokee

post #10 of 15 Old 06-22-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey01 View Post
I've heard of it but the drive train isn't strong enough to handle the extra HP created by a turbo and definitely a supercharger. Not saying it can't be done but there would be a lot of upgrading to do before being tried.
Thanks for the info, I actually didn't know that. Can you specify on the upgradings please?
post #11 of 15 Old 06-22-2010, 10:57 PM

Garage
I know the transmission and transfer case aren't strong enough. I'm not sure about the axle and CV shafts. I remember reading somewhere about all the upgrades required and it was pretty much the entire drive train needed replacing. I'm not sure if the frame rails need any work to get them to handle the extra torque created.

Everyday as a child i used to pray to God to give me a jeep. After a couple of years i realized that God did not work that way. So i stole a jeep and asked for HIS forgiveness
post #12 of 15 Old 06-27-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

I think the frame should be fine considering the compass does come with 4x4 so the frame should be stronger (One would guess). As for the tranny and transfer case I think it would be alright as well but that depends if it's standard or Automatic. I think the auto tranny would need some work cause I haven't seen a car or suv with the syncro tranny that has a turbo or supercharger kit. For the most part I think the compass should be alright. If their trail rated I'm sure they would be fine with aftermarket charger kits and stuff. I only ask cause I have an 09 Pontiac G5 GT 2.2, and almost everyone know's it's brother cars (Saturn Ion Redline and Chevy Cobalt SS). Cause with my car I could drop a supercharger no problem, if I went the turbo route I'd have to forge some internals but for the most part it's alright. But we shall see. I'll have to talk to some people who work with this stuff all the time
post #13 of 15 Old 06-29-2010, 02:29 AM

Garage
I've seen many people do this to thier cars and blow them up. If you're not going to spec the piston rods, cam, lifters, etc I wouldn't get the RPM too high up on it. I've seen rods go through blocks like butter when people think they have a race car with a simple bolt on kit.

post #14 of 15 Old 07-09-2010, 12:57 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum.its sad to know about that you wont be able to take the compass now.Good luck next time.have a nice stay here.
post #15 of 15 Old 07-16-2010, 07:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredtear View Post
If their trail rated I'm sure they would be fine with aftermarket charger kits and stuff.

/Facepalm if you ever get to turbo one please take pictures of the fire lol. a much better route would be looking into a caliber srt-4 swap

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in