possible new owner - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 05-18-2014, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
ecl

Garage
possible new owner

This next week im going to go look at 2007 compass, and wondering if there is anything I should pay special attention to. It has 72k and is 4wd. This will be a vehicle for my wife to drive and we live down a dirt road that isnt maintained the best in winter so im hoping this will be a decent vehicle. Asking price is 9k, and im not sure if its a sport or limited yet. Any advice any one can give me would be great, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-21-2014, 07:03 PM

turn and run back the other way :[

I baught mine with about 80k on it.

It's a money pit

I hate to say that, but I've had nothing but issues with my 08 4x4 Rallye from suspension falling apart to wireing harness replacement, and now my 4wd/tc lights are on and Idk why... both front lower control arms and both rear upper control arms have gone bad ...

I've put over $1500 in just repairs alone in the last year.

plus its got no impressive acceleration. not that great on gas...

and I do absolutely nothing with my jeep other then driving it 20 miles to work and back. so this isn't even off-road ware and tear

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-22-2014, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
ecl

Garage
is there anything you like about it? I ask this since you still have it and are active on this site. I went and did a quick check of it and it definitely needs tires possibly an alignment, been serviced at a quick lube place and is a one owner car. Owners say they dont know much about mechanics so I would take it and get it looked at by a shop for sure. Ive heard both ends of the spectrum of people having major issues then others that havent had any so I figured i would at least look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Seems to be a lot of negative vibes about people's onwership's with compass' so i'll put my 2 cents in.

I bought a 2008 Patriot FDII new in 2008, drove it until Jan 2012 and traded it in on my 2012 FDII compass.

I absolutely love these vehicles and is the reason why I bought a new one to replace my "old" one.

Yes I had a few nagging things replaced under warranty on my old jeep. Axle seal some weather stripping issues ect but nothing major.

The 2011+ Compass was redesigned with new suspension components that are less likely to wear out like the previous generation ones do.

The thing is you have to realize what the vehicle is and not expect miracles from it. It isn't the fastest vehicle around, the cvt makes it feel kind of slow, however I actually get quite decent mileage despite having the FDII package (which gets the worst fuel evoncomy of the bunch).

THe 4x4 system is top notch, if you aren't looking to get stuck it wil never let you down and especially in the winter it excels.

Since you are looking at an 07 it may need some things replaced but mostly just things that wear out in time, most of the major things get replaced at 100k. If you are going to look at it, se if you can get a copy of the maintenance records, the CVT fluid should probably be changed, despite being under for the kms, it is now 7 years old and may need attention.

Another option is if its in the budget possibly look at getting a used 2011+ Any more questions feel free to PM me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in