hello, buying my compass soon.. i hope. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 Old 04-23-2007, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

hello, buying my compass soon.. i hope.

Just found the forums and thought i'd say hi..

If my dealer can find a manual shift, i'll be test driving and unless it's really disapointing i'll be sealing the deal shortly after I drove the CVT and i just did'nt like it at all.

Hopefully Jeep Green, 4X4, manual, with all the bells and whistles i can get. Including the dealer addon rear seat DVD. And gotta keep the regular head unit for the aux in i suppose..

Well glad i found your site hopefully i be back with my jeep soon..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-24-2007, 01:09 AM

Good luck! I just ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. Are you planning to order it? It will probably be difficult to find one off the lot manual with all the stuff you want. I'm told it takes 8-10 weeks to order, I'll keep you posted once they provide a VIN #. I LOVE the Jeep Green, that's what I got, limited 4x4.

Some people just have to have stick, I'm sure you will love it! The first time I drove the CVT, I hated it too, but once I test drove it again in the limited 4x4 and it was nicer inside, it was a completely different feel and I loved it.
post #3 of 20 Old 04-24-2007, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Yeah i will be ordering it im sure.. i don't mind the wait, i have a Subaru Baja, err baha, that i still like alot.

It's just time for a change =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 04-26-2007, 07:16 AM

man that 4x4 stick is going to be fun dropping the clutch and making the compass go!!! hope you get it and congrats
post #5 of 20 Old 05-09-2007, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Ordered it tonight

So i ordered it tonight.

Compass Sport 4x4
Manual
jeep green
"E" package
driver + Security Conv Packages
heated seats
Yes essential
gray interior
standard head unit, gotta have that Aux input
9 speaker BA sound
Sirius Satilite

$21,050 (US) after rebates, and not bad on the trade either (maybe could have got another $200-300, but nothing significant.

After i got to test drive a manual Patriot i like the clutch feel and the location of the shifter a lot more then i figured i would.

They say 6weeks, but I'm guessing it's gonna more like 8 after hearing the stories on the board.

Now the wait begins
post #6 of 20 Old 06-12-2007, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

if all goes well i'll be picking it up tomorrow. Not bad all in all it was about a 5 week wait.

good thing i did'nt get a sunroof
post #7 of 20 Old 06-12-2007, 01:13 AM

nice

did u get urs from burdicks?

i hope mine is on the same truck as urs seeing that i ordered mine on the 30th and with us being around 1 hour away from each other...

they would be brothers
post #8 of 20 Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 AM

Mine is coming end of month, gonna be 10 weeks, you're lucky you got yours so fast! I guess they take longer in Canada
post #9 of 20 Old 06-12-2007, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
did u get urs from burdicks?
lol, funny story about that, i weant to the "Auto-Mall", weant to the Chrysler/Jeep dealer. Stood around for 10 minutes, someone said we'll be with you shortly, stood around another 10 minutes, wandered around looking at Nitro's and Chargers for 15 minutes, came back in, asked if there was anyone availlble to help me, they said someone should be shortly... So i told them to nevermind, I'll order my jeep elsewhere.

I weant to Romano and the first salesman that came up to me was a really nice guy. So i gave him my business
post #10 of 20 Old 06-12-2007, 12:40 PM

burdicks did the same to me....they also tried to stick it up my A$$ giving me only 9 for my 03 wrangler...where dealmaker gave me 10 from the start 11k after bargaining with them
post #11 of 20 Old 06-12-2007, 07:14 PM

So i called jeep today to check the status and its still stuck in JB since the 1st of the month. I then called the dealer to find out that the sales person doesn't work there anymore. So i left a message for the other lady that knows about my sale (3 hours later i call back) and she is off today. So i called jeep back and they are going to contact the dealer for me and see what is going on with the order. I hope you got yours today though.
post #12 of 20 Old 06-13-2007, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

I picked mine up last night.. did'nt get round to posting.

It's weird though that some orders are quick and some not so much. Does your Ralleye edition come with a sunroof?? I know that on the patriot forums those ordered with sunroofs took much longer.

And that JB code is weird also. I never got that when checking the order status.. you think that has anything to do with the ralleye?

Anyways.. here's to hoping yours shows up soon. And pics, because i haven't seen the ralleye outside of review or pro picss.
post #13 of 20 Old 06-13-2007, 12:47 PM

no sunroof here

when i asked chrysler what JB status was they said "the body is being inspected"

I am going to the dealership today and making her find out where my car is....i am sick of the we will get back to you tomorrow....3 days later they call
post #14 of 20 Old 06-13-2007, 11:07 PM

update

I stopped at the dealer today and the district manager for jeep was there yesterday and said that JB is because of the rallye package and the extra body details. The manager called the DM to see if he can put a rush on it as I am going to PA next weekend....so lets all hope.
post #15 of 20 Old 06-14-2007, 06:02 PM

Dealer called and he said the the DM said that they are going to try and ship it today if not then monday, we are cutting this close so i may have to postpone my trip
post #16 of 20 Old 06-15-2007, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

I'm glad you finally got some awnsers. Here's to hoping it shows up in time for your trip!
post #17 of 20 Old 06-15-2007, 06:29 PM

update

KZ status as of 8pm last night
post #18 of 20 Old 06-15-2007, 07:05 PM

zorak,

do u know when urs was in KZ status
post #19 of 20 Old 06-18-2007, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

this is how it shaped up for me.

KZM - 5/29
KZN - 6/6
KZX - 6/9
IMD (im my driveway) - 6/12
post #20 of 20 Old 06-21-2007, 03:41 PM

update

Heres the latest and worst

I called the dealer to see if it was going to be here friday like they claimed and guess what....its not going to be here till the 2nd now.

So I postponed my little trip until July 3-6, fireworks down there should be awesome one would think....Me and the lady of 2 years are going on a little getaway near philly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in