2014 Jeep Compass Limited - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 6 Old 09-08-2014, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2014 Jeep Compass Limited

New owner here! My wife and I just received our 2014 Jeep Compass Limited. We are so excited of our new purchase. This is our first Jeep purchase and are really looking forward to our integration into the "Jeep" culture! On that subject...we are looking to do some upgrades. Can anyone shed some light on what some of the "best" initial upgrades are? TIA!

Last edited by Alexavius; 09-12-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Depends what you are looking to do, are you looking to enhance the looks of the vehicle or make it more capable for offroading?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #3 of 6 Old 09-10-2014, 03:39 AM

Been looking around here too for ideas, Tyler seems one of few here who had good mods so he's worth asking. Welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-12-2014, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
@ Tyler: So after browsing this Forum for a few days...I've concluded that I want your Jeep Compass. Haha! No, but seriously, I really like your RR Winch bumper kit and Light Mount. I think I'll start there. Basically, I want this Jeep to turn heads both on the road and at the campsite...New wheels will probably come down the line since right now we have the 18" Chrome upgrade type. (no good for off-road).

Thanks gunner92. Hopefully, we can add to the ever growing mass of "good mods"
post #5 of 6 Old 09-15-2014, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Glad you like my compass, it defiantly has a unique look to it. The bumper/winch install wasn't all that difficult to do and really transformed the look of my Compass.

You do have an option if you wanted to keep you 18" wheels. Yokohama makes the Goelander AT/S an all terrain tire, in 225/55/18 which is just a bit larger than the 215/55/18 you'll have on your jeep now.

What is you expected use for your jeep, you mention camping so just some back country trail ect?

Winch mount is around 239 + and the bar mount is 129. You don't need to get a winch, but the winch bumper is required for the brush bar or other add ones. I did go with a winch, and got one with synthetic cable since it weighs significantly less than winches with the metal cable.

Most difficult part is taking the bumper cover off, and then just drilling a few holes through it, not a hard job if you are somewhat mechanically inclined.

If you went with the whole package (with a winch) probably around 1000 bux total, then add those tires I mentioned and you would have a slick looking compass.

PS I LOVE the 2014 headlamps with the projector lens' With mine had those.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #6 of 6 Old 09-17-2014, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, I checked out those Yokohama's. Not a bad price @ 179 a pop I guess off TR.
I'd be more interested on, like you said, some small country trail camping. I wouldn't be doing any hunting...but fishing/camping would be great. So we're not talking high hills just maybe sand or coastal/pebbled beaches and lakes.
I checked out the kit from the site in your sig. Those prices look good, but did you order that combo kit or ordered the parts separately? I really like the look of those rectangular IPF lights!

Looks like Christmas will be coming a bit early this year!

Yeah, those headlights look great, but every time I see the set on the 14 Grand Cherokee...I get so envious. haha!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in