New 2010 4x4 - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 09-25-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

New 2010 4x4

(Silly 15 post rule, can't even post pics......anyway it is a 2010 Sunburst Orange with the 17" alloys)

A few days late but the weather hasn't cooperated lately for pics so here they are. Just picked up a 2010 Compass 4x4 Sport with the 5 speed and A/C. It has no other options currently but I plan to add power locks per the write ups I've seen on here and maybe a rear view camera. It had 24 test drive miles on it when I bought it, 10 of which were mine. The dealership had no Patriots in a 5 speed with A/C other than the Latitude which was out of my price range.

Sticker was $21,000, minus $1500 rebate, minus $500 Jeep bonus, minus $2000 dealer cash add in 6 year 75,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and it was $18,200 plus tax (7% in NY). Even with still owing on my 2006 Stratus they gave me max book on the trade and I came away with a lower car payment and cheaper insurance due to all the standard safety features on the Compass.

Currently at 200 miles and loving every minute of it, except running around the car to let people in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you! Nice intro and congrats on your Compass! Love that color and sounds like you got a great deal on it, too! Plenty to see and do here, so those 15 posts won't take long at all! Any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 7 Old 09-26-2010, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

I'm curious to see how my mileage pans out after it is broken in, I'm at around 250 miles and it is at just about a quarter tank so I don't think this first tank will be the advertised 28mpg but here's hoping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Administrator

You should see your mileage begin to increase after the break in period like you said. I was getting 30mpg out of mine at one time, but that was 95% highway driving.

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #5 of 7 Old 09-28-2010, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

First fill-up tonight and I had 25mpg. That was with less than 300 miles on the Compass in total and lots of running around showing it off to friends and family. I'm pretty excited since that was what my Stratus would average in similar conditions and it had a high of 27mpg commuting to work.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Banned

4x4 is a true life saver. specially when u need to drive uphill.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

5300 miles into ownership and I'm still getting 25mpg, can't complain considering it is quite cold and snowy.

RE 4x4 being a lifesaver...

The fulltime AWD is a blessing and a curse, it lets you go farther than you should in something, and when you do finally end up stopping, it can get ugly. I tried to back around another car in my driveway so I went out in the yard. There's 8-10" of snow and it was kinda tough going so I had to slip the clutch a bit and then all 4 tires broke loose and I sunk through the hardpack. There was no 4x4 as a backup (no pun intended) plan since all 4 already broke free. I was able to rock it and get out but it was a bit of a worrisome moment since we were already late for an appointment.

All that aside, I still am happy with my purchase, though it would be nice to have the additional ground clearance of the 2011

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in