Seat belt alarm - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 12-23-2014, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

Seat belt alarm

Hi, I'm a newbie, just bought a Jeep Compass today. Seems like a great vehicle.

Two strange issues:

1. Thinking about this it may have a simple answer, the front screen wash control puts water on the rear window, the rear screen wash control puts water on the front window. I'm thinking the hoses from the reservoir have been swapped?

2. The seat belt alarm sounds when I have the seatbelt on but stops when I take it off. Here I think the previous owner has swapped something so that they could drive without the belt on?

Where should I be posting these question?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-23-2014, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Sear belt alarm

I've sorted the washers by swapping the hoses. Anyone have any idea how to correct the seat belt alarm?
post #3 of 3 Old 12-29-2014, 08:00 AM

Welcome aboard buddy, what year model you got? You can try this, from p. 58 of 2001 OM 6th edition:

"BeltAlert�� can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by following these steps:
NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON/RUN or START position. Chrysler Group LLC does not recommend deactivating BeltAlert��.
1. With all doors closed, turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position and wait for the Seat Belt Reminder Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON/RUN position, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Reminder Light to turn on while unbuckling and off while re-buckling the seat belt. It may be necessary to retract the seat belt.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have success- fully completed the programming.
BeltAlert�� can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.
NOTE: Although BeltAlert�� has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Reminder Light will continue to illuminate while the driver or front passenger seat belt remains unbuckled."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in