happy new owner - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 5 Old 04-15-2015, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

happy new owner

hi there

i'm a 37, foreign student and happy new owner of my first JEEP , a 2007 Compass 2.4L bought 4000$ at auctions, with 110k odometer... i want to say 110k *only* because everyone around me told me like "what a deal!" but where i come from, 110k miles is like 176,000km, it's HUGE. it's a vehicle i would never have bought with such a mileage, especially when it's running on gas.

i always runned on diesel by the past, and i still think it's a better technology, more efficient and powerful, but unfortunately so much polluting! here in USA, we run on gas, so let's give it a try!

what a surprise when i discovered it had not only one but TWO catalytic converters... never heard of it back in France. i thought it was only for diesel ones. and moreover this catalytic was running low, and i had to change it. changing the O2 sensors didn't do the trick. unfortunately after 4 hours of trying, i realized it had to be changed from underneath, because of a *dumb* design and because it is a 4WD. 1200$ more. ouch.

well, i'm still happy with it, but the low mileage, about 21m/gal, it's definitely not efficient.
i also had to buy an Actron 9185 with graphing abilities, so i can check any parameter live that's very funny i think

anyway, i like to mechanic, and i'll try to do the most i can by myself, so i'll stick here when i will be in need

have a wonderfull day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-16-2015, 05:27 AM

Garage
Bonjour Mon Ami
Je suis Jeepney_driver
Bienvenue sur le forum. I am just like you. I love to work on cars. I was originally from the Philippines where we owned a dauphine, a Renault 10 major and the R16 TS. I loved those cars. They were much fun to drive. I wish Renault will come back to America. I would very much like to own a Clio.

Anyway, please share your ideas on maintaining/repairing the Jeep. Check out my posts as I have shared a few things also.

Someday I am going to France to visit the Renault factory and of course the Eiffel tower!
post #3 of 5 Old 04-19-2015, 12:41 AM

Every time I've bought a vehicle at a dealer auction I had to put money into it initially. They pick the best ones for resale and anything needing work they send out to the auction. The worst was a BMW 7 series that needed new converters, and they were like $3,500 a side! At least with our Jeeps the parts are cheap.

Congrats on your new ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-14-2015, 08:19 AM

Those converters surely surprised you good, at least its cheaper than other vehicles of this type. Hope you enjoy more your Compass, share some pics when you have..
post #5 of 5 Old 05-14-2015, 04:59 PM

I, too, am disappointed with the gas mileage. However, coming from a 1.8t Passat, it's nice not having to use premium gasoline anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in