New to this forum, '07 Compass Sport / North - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 Old 01-18-2011, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

New to this forum, '07 Compass Sport / North

Hello everyone,

At 1:10pm EST tomorrow (Wednesday, Jan. 19th, 2011) I will take possession of my 2007 Jeep Compass Sport / North Edition.

I've been eyeballing these vehicles for 2 years now, and finally decided now was the right time to buy one, and I saw one I absolutely wanted, so I went for it.

I'm sure you'll see me posting noob questions, like how to swap out the factory deck, what performance modifications I can do to it, etc... but until then..

Hello!

Regards,
Mat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 12:42 AM

Garage
Total warm welcome to you.
Hope your new Compass gives every bit as much satisfaction as my own.
Make sure you have a complete vehicle inspection and if you are getting it from a dealership you might consider extended used car warranty.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #3 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

I am getting it from a dealership, but declined warranty coverage, as it's at 68,000 KM currently and supposedly only has PT warranty on it until 100K. I figure that's about a year away, and if anything major will happen to it, it'll happen before then.

The laws in Ontario that the vehicle being purchased from a dealership cannot be sold without a 'safety' which is essentially an inspection that has to meet certain criteria.

I'm going to love my Compass, I just hope she's ready for the new toys I'm going to put in her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

That last part sounded horribly wrong, and I didn't mean it like that at all, haha. Just a heads up.
post #5 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Administrator

Hey there Mat and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Congrats on your Copmpass, definitely want to see some pics when you can, we'd love to see your new ride! Mods always get my attention lol, so what do you have in mind for it? Lots of potential there for sure! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #6 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome, Cherokee.

My first mod will be adding a CD / DVD / Navi system. The deck themselves, that I've found, go for ~$800-$1000 which is a bit steep right away, but maybe in a month or two.

What other mods would you suggest? I want her to be classy, not trashy. Spinners, underglow, disco balls.. dumb stuff like that does NOT grab my attention and will NOT be anywhere near my Compass.

Slight chrome additions, perhaps... Again, the navi system. Perhaps a small amount of lift? It's the minor stuff I want to focus on to make her a classy girl.
post #7 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Administrator

I agree with ya on the "crazy stuff," not for me, either lol, fuzzy dice don't count as mods. A little extra chrome is not a bad thing, looks nice when tastefully done and in moderation, IMO. Another member here, OffTheWall, has done some nice chrome mods. Are you interested in maybe checking into some performance mods?

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #8 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

I'd get a pair of fuzzy dice with no questions asked, lol!

MY Compass is straight black with alloy rims, I believe. Nothing shiny, which is nice, but it could use a bit of 'attention grabbing power', which is where maybe a chrome grille would come in? Though maybe not.

Performance mods? Hells yes. First would be a cold air intake based on what performance mods I've read. My compass is the 2.4L CVT trans version. I've heard anywhere to an extra 40-75KM with a Cold air system is possible. After that, not sure what other performance mods I'd need. Anything to give the vehicle extra power / better fuel efficiency is what I'd consider.
post #9 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Administrator

I think a chrome grille would look great, really stands out on a black Compass. There's also under the hood, too. You could paint the engine cover, but that's the cool thing about mods, you can do as little or as much as you like, whatever suits your taste, but me, I like to see what people do to personalize their ride. A CAI is a great start, an engine that breathes better performs better.

- Cherokee

post #10 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

What would you recommend as a brand for a CAI mod?

Also, would you recommend painting the brakes? I've seen it done, just not sure I'd do it on a compass. I'd have to see one to imagine it, I guess.
post #11 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 04:41 PM

Garage
I would also add HID to your list!
You can paint your calipers but with a classic color like black. No need to be flashy!

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #12 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

If you don't mind me asking, what's an HID? It's headlight related I believe, but in what way?

2007 Black Jeep Compass 2.4L CVT
2006 Red Mazda 3 4-door
post #13 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 04:46 PM

Garage
Yep! It's a high intensity discharge system. It provides you a powerful white blue-ish light. You can go and check my "hid how-to & experiments" thread in the aftermarket accessories section.

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #14 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Great guide. I'll likely attempt this.

2006 Red Mazda 3 4-door
post #15 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 04:57 PM

Garage
You also have a mazda3? I had one before my Compass!

HID Trois-Rivières /
post #16 of 20 Old 01-19-2011, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Yep, it's my wife's car, but I drove it just as much.

Picked up my Compass this afternoon... Good God. <3!!!!

2006 Red Mazda 3 4-door
post #17 of 20 Old 01-20-2011, 01:49 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum Aborted! any questions dont be afraid to ask, theres alot of good guys here always willing to help

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #18 of 20 Old 01-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aborted View Post
What would you recommend as a brand for a CAI mod?

Also, would you recommend painting the brakes? I've seen it done, just not sure I'd do it on a compass. I'd have to see one to imagine it, I guess.
Glad to hear you got your Compass, bring on the pics when you can!!! As for CAI's, I prefer K&N, but any open type filter to me is preferred over box styles like Volant as actual true cold air intakes.

Absolutely you can paint your brake calipers, lots of folks do that and, like mowgli said, you don't have to be flashy if you prefer a toned down look but still different. There's also the painted muffler mod.......the list goes on and on lol, but the mod bug can be pretty persistent!

- Cherokee

post #19 of 20 Old 02-12-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Great guide. I'll likely attempt this.
what part of ontario are you from?

2007 jeep compass
2WD 2,4L
190,000 km (Always in the shop)
Recently Overhauled every link/bushing in the front/rear
20% tint on windows
Lamin-X smoked tail lights
Painted all silver interior trim satin black.
I strongly Reccomend You Don't buy a Jeep Compass!!!!
post #20 of 20 Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
That last part sounded horribly wrong, and I didn't mean it like that at all, haha. Just a heads up.
Well all I can say is good luck. We'll seeing more posts from you on you Compass.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in