4Likes
  • 1 Post By Iceman
  • 1 Post By BubbaKen
  • 1 Post By Tyler-98-W68
  • 1 Post By Iceman

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 21 Old 06-06-2015, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

Hey everyone, just joined the Jeep family this week

Just joined the Jeep family on 6/01/2015, traded in my 2007 Mustang (had nothing but problems with it) for a 2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4 with all off-road packages.

She still needs some work due to some paint issues but still way better than my mustang issues.

Plan on some good stuff but I will probably be waiting a year to get used to everything.
I am pretty sure it is a FDII but I am still getting used to the Jeep lingo and technology.
Brettski321 likes this.

Last edited by Iceman; 06-06-2015 at 04:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 06-09-2015, 12:01 PM

Garage
Yes, it is a FDII. You can tell by looking at the front lower facia. If there are Tow Hooks then yes.

...or a modified debadged FDI...which is unlikely.
post #3 of 21 Old 06-10-2015, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexavius View Post
Yes, it is a FDII. You can tell by looking at the front lower facia. If there are Tow Hooks then yes.

Yah I got the tow hooks, finalizing the deal tomorrow then I m blacking out the chrome accents on the hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 06-11-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexavius View Post

My factory FDI looks like an FDII as it came with the all weather package that included tow hooks. For me this is the package that works as I do not got off road intentionally but do have many months of driving in the snow.
Alexavius likes this.

2014 Granite FDI 2.4L 4x4 Jeep Compass Lattitude
post #5 of 21 Old 06-11-2015, 08:55 PM

Garage
^^NICE! I didn't know the FDI even had that all weather package.
post #6 of 21 Old 06-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
You have a FDII, trail rated badge is FDII, also if your gear shifter does not have the autostick, but an L under the D part of the shifter, it is a FII

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Red FDII Jeep Compass Limited
235/75/15 Wranger Territory AT
WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Full Interior LED's + Front/Rear Signal & Backup LEDS

post #7 of 21 Old 06-18-2015, 09:05 AM

Sounds a good jump, congratulations and welcome to the club!
post #8 of 21 Old 06-24-2015, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Using a grand cherokee for the last few days since my compass is getting a repaint finally. Had a thought of port and polishing some things, wonder if that would help with the power to weight issue.
post #9 of 21 Old 06-24-2015, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
There is next to nothing for engine internal mods for this platform, pretty much the only thing you can do is intake and exhaust, no tuning is available either

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #10 of 21 Old 06-25-2015, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

There has to be some custom work that can be done.
post #11 of 21 Old 06-25-2015, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
There is not...........one member on jeeppatriot.com spend a ton of time and money getting a custom cam made up only to find the engine couldn't be tuned and all of his time and money was basically wasted, its a terrible platform for engine mods, you can do suspension mods tires wheels ect, but internal engine work isn't going to happen unless you have tons of money, I've had a patriot and this compass combined for 7 years if it was possible I would already have done it.
Iceman likes this.

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #12 of 21 Old 06-26-2015, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
There is not...........one member on jeeppatriot.com spend a ton of time and money getting a custom cam made up only to find the engine couldn't be tuned and all of his time and money was basically wasted, its a terrible platform for engine mods, you can do suspension mods tires wheels ect, but internal engine work isn't going to happen unless you have tons of money, I've had a patriot and this compass combined for 7 years if it was possible I would already have done it.
bummer, I was hoping of custom work being possible. Oh well I can still have fun with retrofits and other suspension work ect.
post #13 of 21 Old 07-28-2015, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

a lot has changed since posting up here, got it back from the paint shop:

she was super clean so I took her off-roading

And needless to say I was hooked, so I went with a friend

I am on the right, friend is on the left
Alexavius likes this.
post #14 of 21 Old 08-11-2015, 02:41 PM

Garage
How did it do going up that hill??
post #15 of 21 Old 08-13-2015, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Put a winch on it like mine and it will look better than that Cherokee!

WK2 Headlight Swap
Magnaflow Muffler

post #16 of 21 Old 08-29-2015, 02:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everett5 View Post
How did it do going up that hill??
It did great, I won't lie, I was worried but no issues at all. Felt like a real haha.

I do plan on a winch but that is down the road some ways, need intake, exhaust, and projector retroswaps first.

Did some mods to the Jeep:
Don't worry I cleaned up the overspray

Before

After

Then I did this

To do this

And almost there

Final product

With the hood closed

So I did the following:
Debadged the compass lettering on the right and left sides
Blacked out the Jeep lettering on the hood and trunk lid
Blacked out the Jeep grill inserts

Next will be the following:
Blacking out the roof rack chrome inserts
Blacking out the trunk lid chrome handle strip
post #17 of 21 Old 08-29-2015, 02:42 AM

Garage
Nice, did you add the Trail Rated and 4x4 badges?

Where's you air intake resonator gone?
post #18 of 21 Old 08-29-2015, 05:55 AM Thread Starter

No, the 4x4 and the trail rated came on it due to the packages being on the jeep. It was just off for the radiator cooling panel being out. It was back in the jeep right before the hood closed photo.
post #19 of 21 Old 11-24-2015, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Finally had time to black out the wheels and clean up all the brake dust.

And at this point, all I am considering now is some mud flaps, intake, and exhaust. But.... I am actively planning on getting a 1994 Jeep cherokee 4x4 to work on and within a few years, I am doing a 2jz-gte swap to it. Which will be my weekend/fun car. So I am not sure how much more I will be putting into this as this will now be my around town and go offroad only if need be Jeep.
post #20 of 21 Old 11-28-2015, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

post #21 of 21 Old 11-28-2015, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in