New Jeep 2011 Compass North Edition Owner - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 03-27-2011, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

New Jeep 2011 Compass North Edition Owner

Hey Everyone,

Just signed the deal and awaiting delivery of my new 2011 Jeep Compass North Edition.

Highlights
North Edition with CVT Freedom I AWD/4x4
Trailer Tow Prep Group
Security and Convenience Group
North All Season Group
5 Year/160,000 km Extended Warranty (Just in Case!)

Came from a 2003 Ford Escape XLS 4x2 with 221,000 kms on it.

"G"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-27-2011, 10:04 PM

Welcome, good that you have that extended warranty these babies need it. Especially if you got a deal on it at the time.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
General Altimax RT43 P225/65R17
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch
SOLD @ 153,000km Oct. 2018 THE END !!
Belleville, Ontario, Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-27-2011, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome !

Actually Tripplec, you kinda made it a bit easier to make my decision for extended warranty.

My old ride cost me some decent $$$ on suspension, and after hearing your challenges, I played it safe....

"G"
"G"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 03-27-2011, 10:26 PM

Very good to hear some people taking notice and precautions if they move into a Compass. I am still able to get an extended warranty being within full coverage but the cost is making me think. I have until fall before the millage hits that point of no return. haha good to hear that you're covered though and went into the deal with that knowledge.

Enjoy, sure like to know whether you get the MPG the claim. I don't on the 2009.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! Congrats on your Compass, when is it supposed to arrive? I think an extended warranty is a necessity, no matter what vehicle you buy, things do break eventually, but I do hope the bugs have been worked out on the 2011's, but be sure to keep us posted! Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #6 of 14 Old 03-29-2011, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

And thanks for the welcome to the forum. I am expecting the car in 6 weeks (betcha it will be as the dealer was unable to source my vehicle with the options I wanted.

Dealer said the trailer tow group was the option they could not find. I would be happy if they could get it earlier, but this is my first time dealing with Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge, so I don't know if it will be the full 6-8 weeks.

I'm driving my existing car that still has the snows on it, cause up hear "ya just never know" when the snow may return.

"G"
post #7 of 14 Old 03-29-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbridge View Post
Hi,

And thanks for the welcome to the forum. I am expecting the car in 6 weeks (betcha it will be as the dealer was unable to source my vehicle with the options I wanted.

Dealer said the trailer tow group was the option they could not find. I would be happy if they could get it earlier, but this is my first time dealing with Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge, so I don't know if it will be the full 6-8 weeks.

I'm driving my existing car that still has the snows on it, cause up hear "ya just never know" when the snow may return.

"G"
What do you get for that tow group. Many dealers just send the vehicle to a hitch shop and they install the hitch and wiring harness, mark up the price and hand it over to you. A good friend is in that business and does it for many dealers in the GTA. He did my Compass with a Class III.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #8 of 14 Old 03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Administrator

The tow group also includes an engine oil/trans cooler. I got the trailer tow group also and I have to say, it's a bit of a rip off to find out you paid extra and didn't even get a hitch!

- Cherokee

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #9 of 14 Old 03-29-2011, 08:20 PM

You can check with the technician. But up to 2010 with the CVT there is NOT a cooler for the transmission. There is no slip in it once its locked in driving mode since the ratios are variable without the heat build up of a automatic typical type.

The oil cooler is for the engine oil for some reason and usually built into vehicles such well closed in Vans where air cooling is a bit confined. Its < $200 kit, last I saw about $150 and unless you're attempt to haul heavy loads in the summer I have determined its a waist of money. Just use a good Premium or a good Synthetic oil to handle the more severe service during those periods and the engine would be fine. Well it depends on how much they're charging you for the option and no hitch and harness is definitely a rip off. Why would someone order it and not want the hitch as well.

Note: With many new vehicles if the manufacturer changes the mounting and back end that year. The hitch has to be redesigned the the after market hitch builders for it. The take time and you can't get them right away until they're in production.

PM me if you want the number of the shop I have used for decades.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

Last edited by tripplec; 03-29-2011 at 08:24 PM.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Administrator

I got the harness, but no hitch, not even a receiver so I could put it together myself lol. Oh well, not that I was really planning on putting the Compass under a load but the option is what you pay for.

- Cherokee

post #11 of 14 Old 03-30-2011, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

When I get the truck and I have enough posts, if i see the "Engine Oil Cooler" or the "Trailer Tow Wiring Harness" I could post some pics. I figured for $225, if I can prolong/prevent a single CVT issue, then it well worth it.

"G"

2011 Jeep Compass North Edition
4x4 with CVT Freedom Drive I
Trailer Tow Prep Group
Security and Cargo Convenience Group
North All Seasons Group
5 year 100k Gold Components Coverage (Plan 415)
post #12 of 14 Old 03-30-2011, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbridge View Post
When I get the truck and I have enough posts, if i see the "Engine Oil Cooler" or the "Trailer Tow Wiring Harness" I could post some pics. I figured for $225, if I can prolong/prevent a single CVT issue, then it well worth it.

"G"
Well those two items are worth the price. Go for it and wait for your build.

Jeep Compass 2009
4x4, 2.4L, CVT
North Edition
heated seats, TPMS
Yellow Fog Lamps
CLASS III Curtis Hitch

post #13 of 14 Old 05-19-2011, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

The Wait is Over !!!!

Hey Everyone,

I am picking up the new wheels today !!!

Finally!!!!

"G"

2011 Jeep Compass North Edition
4x4 with CVT Freedom Drive I
Trailer Tow Prep Group
Security and Cargo Convenience Group
North All Seasons Group
5 year 100k Gold Components Coverage (Plan 415)
post #14 of 14 Old 05-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Congrats G! Hope you have fun with your new Compass.

Freedom Drive II
Media Center 430N Navigation
Sun and Sound Group
Security Group
Leather Trimmed Seats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in