New member from Greece

Hello,
nice to meet you : )
I just bought a Compass 2008 Limited 2.4
So here I am : ))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-03-2011, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

I forgot....my name is Antonis.Never have before a Jeep...so its going to be a new experience for me ...and I will have a lot of questions to ask you in the future : )
post #3 of 12 Old 04-03-2011, 11:05 AM

Garage
καλωσορίστε το φίλο μου

καλωσορίστε το φίλο μου

It is nice to have you on board with us.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-03-2011, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Καλως τον φιλο μου απο τον Καναδα....Τι λεει εκει?Ολα καλα?? : )
post #5 of 12 Old 04-03-2011, 11:18 AM

Garage
Το χιόνι λειώνει τελικά και το ελατήριο φθάνει τελικά.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum Antonis, glad to have you and congrats on your Compass! Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Greek lol, but how do you like your Jeep so far? Great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #7 of 12 Old 04-03-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

I am waiting to have the car till Wednesday.So,no experience yet : )
post #8 of 12 Old 04-05-2011, 12:42 AM

Garage
Welcome Tonyotis! I have been to your country during summer of last year and I loved it!! I hope to be able to go back soon and enjoy the food, drink and the nice weather !
I have many tips on how to improve your jeep compass so you can enjoy it more.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-05-2011, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

nice to meet you Jeepney driver.... tell me everything about improvment : ))
post #10 of 12 Old 04-05-2011, 12:59 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum tonyotis

Beep Beep I'm a JEEP!
(O[][][][]O)
post #11 of 12 Old 04-06-2011, 12:39 AM

Garage
Caring for the Jeep and other cars

Hello Tonyotis. Here is a copy of my earlier post for Kay20. Pls read. Later on I will tell you how to locate noises and get rid of them. I did hear about some people having problem with the ball joints in this car. Some don't last more than 70 thousand miles. Fortunately I know what to do. My car now has over 110000 miles on it and the suspension is still great.
Here's the problem with the suspension and this is true with other makes also not only Jeep.

The new ball joints are sealed and they use a hard plastic "cage" for the "ball" and put very little moly grease. With millions of cars on the road they save money doing this but unfortunately it costs the motorists lots of money in parts and of course... labor. The solution is to add grease to the ball joints even the smaller ball joints they use on the anti-sway bar.

A grease gun fitted with a needle will be the best way. Do not worry about the grease leaking out. It won't. Water will not get in nor dirt as long as you put enough grease into it. You will see the rubber cup bulge out a little bit. This is good. Most importantly use the right grease! I recommend Castrol Pyroplex Blue. This is used in many heavy duty road building equipment and is guaranteed to perform well in any weather condition. As far as the smaller ball joints for the anti-sway bar, there are two for each wheel front and back.

Another important thing is that the inner tie rod joint actually wear out the fastest. So if any of the suspension ball joints are worn this inner tie rod joint will be too. Grease the outer tie rod joints also using this method. As for the inner tie rod joint. Remove the clip that holds the bellows and inject the grease through the space between it and the rod. Inject about 5 spoonfuls of grease for each side. The grease will reach the joint when you steer the car. You will enjoy a longer suspension life and nice quiet ride. No more clunking from the joints.

NOTICE: THIS WORK REQUIRES REMOVING THE WHEELS (FOR ACCESS) AND THEREFORE THE CAR HAS TO BE RAISED SAFELY WITH A GOOD RELIABLE JACK AND JACK STANDS. IF YOU CANNOT DO THIS WORK HAVE A MECHANIC OR SOMEONE FAMILIAR WITH THIS TYPE OF WORK DO IT FOR YOU. I HAVE MANY OTHER TIPS WHICH I WILL POST SOON. TKS
post #12 of 12 Old 04-06-2011, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot...you are the best ; ))

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in