First time Jeep Owner - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 11-07-2015, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
First time Jeep Owner

Purchased a 2007 Inferno Red Jeep Compass about 2 weeks ago. It's the 2.4 4wd with a 5 speed. Got it with 85,000 miles. Glad I purchased the extra warranty because the clutch slave cylinder went out already in it, only put 1200 miles on it myself.

Has a wonderful ride to be honest, looks like the front crossmember and control arms were replaced recently, but the rear are rusted a lot more than I would like (didn't notice that when I checked out the car, got under it and saw little to no rust in the front and didn't bother to check the back...).

I really like the vehicle, been through the forum a few times looking for tips on a double din dash bezel swap out and stuff like that.

Any tips for a first time owner?

Thanks!!

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-11-2015, 11:48 AM

There is a handful of members here that are regulars on the forum and hold a wealth of knowledge. If you search you can find a lot of helpful information.

2015 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4
2.4, 6 spd auto, high altitude package

Elkhorn, Nebraska, USA

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Z71
2009 Impala
1986 Corvette
post #3 of 4 Old 11-23-2015, 05:25 AM

Howdy Bill, good to hear its a happy purchase for you and the extended warranty worth. Got some pics of your jeep to share?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-23-2015, 09:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow171 View Post
Purchased a 2007 Inferno Red Jeep Compass about 2 weeks ago. It's the 2.4 4wd with a 5 speed. Got it with 85,000 miles. Glad I purchased the extra warranty because the clutch slave cylinder went out already in it, only put 1200 miles on it myself.

Has a wonderful ride to be honest, looks like the front crossmember and control arms were replaced recently, but the rear are rusted a lot more than I would like (didn't notice that when I checked out the car, got under it and saw little to no rust in the front and didn't bother to check the back...).

I really like the vehicle, been through the forum a few times looking for tips on a double din dash bezel swap out and stuff like that.

Any tips for a first time owner?

Thanks!!

Bill
Your rear crossmember should be covered under a recall/warranty replacement for the 2007 models. I have a 2008 and it has the same problem (manufactured in November 2007). Jeep replaced my front a few months ago and will replace the rear when it's declared condemned under a good will warranty ($100 deductible).

Be ready to replace suspension parts which go out early on these. Lower control arms/ball joints, tie rod ends, toe links etc.

I bought mine 11 months ago with 62,000 miles on it and had to replace a lower control arm and ball joint, toe links soon after. Just replaced an outer tie rod end a few weeks ago at 79,000 miles.

Also just replaced a right rear wheel bearing due to the ring that holds the wheel speed sensor being rusted so the sensor was just flopping around there and set off a whole bunch of lights, shut off my AWD, ABS, Traction Control Cruise control and AWD.

In that process, I had to replace the rear caliper and axle due to extreme rust.

Almost forgot, had to replace the oil pan also due to extreme rust.

The engines last forever if taken care of.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in