Saying goodbye to the Compass - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 07-02-2007, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Saying goodbye to the Compass

Well guys I hate to say goodbye (I’ll still hope I will feel welcome to jump in and say hi from time to time)

But I traded in my Jeep and went back to Mazda.

The Compass was great, had some minor issues with it but who doesn’t when they get a new car, no my issues where with the dealership lying to me.
Not to mention I found out after the fact that Jeep “buys” their service contracts from Chrysler, then resell it, and to get the best service contract you need to barter with them before purchasing the vehicle, and that would explain why the service “managers” I had to deal with all went into sales speeches when ever I would talk with them.

I miss my Compass already, but to have piece of mind if ever something happens, I will be provided with a rental car, and not have to barter with the service managers when ever I need work done.

So good luck guys, I hope your Compass’s last long and treat you right!!!

Fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-02-2007, 10:56 PM

Garage
Sorry it didn't work out for you. I never had any problems with the service at my dealer. The time it appeared it would take longer than a day, I was given a rental car no problem.

Jeep Compass LIMITED 4x2 - Jeep Green
*Driver Package
*Security Package
*Boston Speaker Upgrade
*U-Connect Connectivity
*Sirius Sat. Radio
*Pin-Strip
*Wheel Locks
*Black Vent Visors
*LED Multi-Color Underglow
*Rallye Body Kit [Pending Installation]
post #3 of 13 Old 07-03-2007, 03:42 AM

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww but it was so nice!!!

Good luck with the mazda... i went from a mazda to my compass and I'm so happy! I'm not too conerned with the service...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-03-2007, 05:16 AM

Whaaaa......!!?? You're one of the originals around here. You're member #6. You were only 5 posts away from being the #1 poster Well thanks for spending time with us. Don't be afraid to stop by once in a while.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-03-2007, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Whaaaa......!!?? You're one of the originals around here. You're member #6. You were only 5 posts away from being the #1 poster Well thanks for spending time with us. Don't be afraid to stop by once in a while.
Awww I was one of the first too huh

And just to make sure you guys know, it wasn't the Jeep it's self, it was the one dealership that lied to mey turned me off.

Don't worry I will still check in from time to time to see how you guys are doing

Have a great 4th to our USA members
post #6 of 13 Old 07-04-2007, 05:47 AM

feel the same

I feel the same way here with my dealer....My car was suppose to be here a month ago..then firm date was the 2nd and todays it the 4th and its not here...enough said

I almost went down to syracuse and bought a new wrangler instead but the thought of someone having my custom compass is worth the wait
hopefully saturday ill get her
post #7 of 13 Old 07-04-2007, 12:03 PM

Garage
Re: feel the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt
my custom compass is worth the wait
hopefully saturday ill get her
Nettoit - after 3 months my custom compass finally arrived . . . I needed a 5-speed, sunroof in the limited . . . It finally arrived and was available for me last Friday - 400kms on the weekend and I am thrilled!
Meanwhile the dealers in Canada apparently are totally unable to predict the arrival, I was quoted 4-6 weeks when I bought it at the end of March. At the end of May I was told the car was built and would be in within a couple of weeks, mid may and I was told the car was shipped and would be in any day, finally the last day of June it was delivered :!:

HANG IN THERE . . .

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #8 of 13 Old 07-04-2007, 02:18 PM

according to them

according to them it is in buffalo...they even printed me off the tracking information that shows where is has been day by day....i am going to post that as it shows it travels between states in JB status
ETA according to the sheet is the 9th
post #9 of 13 Old 07-04-2007, 04:34 PM
ACX

Too bad you had a poor dealer experience - sorry to see you go.. I hope you didn't lose too much on the trade / original purchase to spite the dealer.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-15-2007, 02:11 PM

Delear Experience?

Only one dealer in Dallas area? If my dealer ticked me off, I'm going to a different one if I need service. Right now, one of DCX's troubles is too many dealers. If one doesn't treat you proper, go to another. No way would I take a loss on a almost new vehicle to get away from a dealer....
post #11 of 13 Old 07-17-2007, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Well that really is too bad, Fly. Sure do hate to see you go, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I can understand the frustration as far as the dealer. My dealership moved to a brand new location, and aren't even set up on the Jeep side to do oil changes and tire rotations. They are a pretty big dealership, so in addition to Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep, they also service Chevy and GM, which is where they sent me for my last service. If the Jeep tech cannot do an oil change properly on the Compass, what is to make me think Mr. Goodwrench can??? Good luck to you anyways.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #12 of 13 Old 07-18-2007, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACX
Too bad you had a poor dealer experience - sorry to see you go.. I hope you didn't lose too much on the trade / original purchase to spite the dealer.
With the 5k off I got on the mazda, I didn't do to bad on the deal.
post #13 of 13 Old 07-18-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Re: Delear Experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneRequired
Only one dealer in Dallas area?
No I had other dealer options, but because the way they worked the service contract I was out of luck. Grated I had other dealers wanting my Biz, but non said they could put me into a rental car program without getting a new service plan
Just sucks that ONE dealer told me lies up front

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in