New UK member - Jeep Compass Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 14 Old 05-12-2011, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cannavar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 23
 
New UK member

Hi all,

Just waiting on my new 2011 2.4 CVT Limited Compass in black. Have about 10 more days to wait.

Currently have a stunning Alfa Romeo 159 ti in black but due to the family getting bigger, needing more space as a football coach and simply wanting something different I am now a Jeep owner. Cannot wait
Cannavar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 05-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Senior Member
 
BlackNightling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Snarkansas
Posts: 176
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
Hi all,

Just waiting on my new 2011 2.4 CVT Limited Compass in black. Have about 10 more days to wait.

Currently have a stunning Alfa Romeo 159 ti in black but due to the family getting bigger, needing more space as a football coach and simply wanting something different I am now a Jeep owner. Cannot wait
Welcome to the forum!

Waiting is a hard thing to do when it is something you are really looking forward to. Hope you can handle the wait because the Compass is well worth it!

Hope to hear more from you and get some pics.
BlackNightling is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 05-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Administrator
 
CompassMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 274
 
Garage
Welcome to the site!! Congrats on your new purchase.
CompassMike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 Old 05-13-2011, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cannavar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 23
 
Thanks for the welcome guys. I've a funny feeling you will be finding a lot more UK members arriving on here soon. The last compass was a massive flop in the UK when it was here 3 years ago and was soon withdrawn by Jeep. The new one is shooting out the dealers and whenever I've been there to look around or sign paperwork its been busy.

I think they might just have bought out the right car at the right time.
Cannavar is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 05-13-2011, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cannavar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 23
 
The 10 day wait is not too bad. Gives me time to say goodbye to my Alfa. Love this car.





I spent ages looking around to replace it. Tried all the "crossovers" currently on sale and none had any soul. All a bit boring and most didn't even match what I needed. One problem for me is that I can't have a diesel due to the short distances I drive and the Euro law that sticks a DPF on causing my engine to get clogged. But most small SUVs in the UK only come with either diesel or a very small petrol engine. Thankfully, just before I signed on the dotted line for another car the advert came on for the new Compass. Drove it the next day, took the family to see it the second day and signed the paperwork the 3rd! Very happy with my decision and I very pleased I have something that feels like a bit of soul.

I actually feel like I'm buying something I want, rather than something I need...which is great.

Last edited by Cannavar; 05-13-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Cannavar is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 05-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
BlackNightling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Snarkansas
Posts: 176
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
Thanks for the welcome guys. I've a funny feeling you will be finding a lot more UK members arriving on here soon. The last compass was a massive flop in the UK when it was here 3 years ago and was soon withdrawn by Jeep. The new one is shooting out the dealers and whenever I've been there to look around or sign paperwork its been busy.

I think they might just have bought out the right car at the right time.
I understand that they are flying out of the dealerships all over the place like Canada and the US. Our local dealership we got ours from only ever has 2 or 3 on the lot at a time while they have tons of Wranglers and the others because they cannot move them!

Question... Do all of the Compass' in the UK have the projector headlights? I am wondering because I have seen those in some pictures and here in the US, we only have the regular reflector lenses, just like some of the the Grand Cherokees. I have a thread started where several of us have been talking about getting the projectors for our Compass' from the GC's because they look cooler and we could have dual HID's from the headlights and fogs. Would the UK projectors be the same as the US?
BlackNightling is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 05-14-2011, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cannavar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 23
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNightling View Post
I understand that they are flying out of the dealerships all over the place like Canada and the US. Our local dealership we got ours from only ever has 2 or 3 on the lot at a time while they have tons of Wranglers and the others because they cannot move them!

Question... Do all of the Compass' in the UK have the projector headlights? I am wondering because I have seen those in some pictures and here in the US, we only have the regular reflector lenses, just like some of the the Grand Cherokees. I have a thread started where several of us have been talking about getting the projectors for our Compass' from the GC's because they look cooler and we could have dual HID's from the headlights and fogs. Would the UK projectors be the same as the US?
You know what, I don't know...how bad is that? To be honest, the spec sheets are really low on info and short of inspecting every inch of the showroom car its not easy to get answers. Mine should be here in a week. I'll let you know then.
Cannavar is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 05-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Administrator
 
Cherokee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 1,362
 
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Compass! Sorry to hear you have to let the Alfa go, but I you won't be disappointed in the Compass and glad you found what you were looking for! Be sure to post some pics when you can, we'd love to see it and I hope you enjoy the site!

- Cherokee





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
Cherokee is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 05-25-2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cannavar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 23
 
Hi again guys, I pick my Compass up on Friday. Looking forward to it
Cannavar is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 05-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
BlackNightling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Snarkansas
Posts: 176
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
Hi again guys, I pick my Compass up on Friday. Looking forward to it
Cool deal! Post ASAP for us!

B~~L~~A~~C~~K~~~~N~~I~~G~~H~~T~~L~~I~~N~~G
May 2011 Jeep Compass of the Month Winner!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B~~L~~A~~C~~K~~~~N~~I~~G~~H~~T~~L~~I~~N~~G
BlackNightling is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 05-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
 
Welcome!
FunTreks is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cannavar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 23
 
Just been in to sign the forms in advance of tomorrow and got to see my new Compass. It was in the workshop waiting for its clean. Parking sensors had been installed and it looked brilliant. If a little dusty with volcanic ash lol
Cannavar is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 05-26-2011, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Cannavar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bournemouth, England
Posts: 23
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNightling View Post
I understand that they are flying out of the dealerships all over the place like Canada and the US. Our local dealership we got ours from only ever has 2 or 3 on the lot at a time while they have tons of Wranglers and the others because they cannot move them!

Question... Do all of the Compass' in the UK have the projector headlights? I am wondering because I have seen those in some pictures and here in the US, we only have the regular reflector lenses, just like some of the the Grand Cherokees. I have a thread started where several of us have been talking about getting the projectors for our Compass' from the GC's because they look cooler and we could have dual HID's from the headlights and fogs. Would the UK projectors be the same as the US?
I had a look today and it does appear that the Compass in the UK has HID lights.
Cannavar is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 05-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Senior Member
 
BlackNightling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Snarkansas
Posts: 176
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
I had a look today and it does appear that the Compass in the UK has HID lights.
Ugh, why can't we get the good stuff here in the US too!

B~~L~~A~~C~~K~~~~N~~I~~G~~H~~T~~L~~I~~N~~G
May 2011 Jeep Compass of the Month Winner!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

B~~L~~A~~C~~K~~~~N~~I~~G~~H~~T~~L~~I~~N~~G
BlackNightling is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome