Hello from Vancouver. - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 06-11-2016, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hello from Vancouver.

Hello from Vancouver, First time poster, long time lurkerÖif three weeks is a long time?
Thatís how long I had my 2013 Jeep Compass north. My heater core went on my 1998
Honda CR-V so I ended up getting a Jeep Compass. Originally the price was $19.999
And the guy at the dealership dropped it down to $16,000.

Iíve been on my jeep compass reading the forums and trying to learn more about my ride, and I must say itís growing on me. Being able to reset computers and stuff.
The fuel mileage is on par with my old 2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara, witch my jeep reminds me of so much. Itís so difficult to determine witch is better. Suzuki was rated at 26 city / 33 Highway while my Jeep is rated at 26 city and 37 highway. Jeep has more horse power and torque, but the GV can tow more. 3000 lbs compared to jeeps 2000.
Zuki has 4 gears while Compass has a CVT. (6 gears) ?
I think the Suzukiís 4X4 system is better. 4 high and its really all wheel drive 50/50 split,
Turn the easily assessable dial that right in front of you to 4 high lock and itís still 50/50 split front and rear but all wheels turn at the same speed. Much like a Detroit locker.
Then you have 4 low lock, same thing, but slower speeds.

Jeep Compass? UhhhÖstill canít figure it out. According to pamphlet, itís front wheel drive, when front wheels slip, power goes to the rear much like my real time 4 wheel drive on my CR-V. However, on the forums, itís 90% front / 10% rear. Is that AWD?
Pull the not so easily assessable Ölever, and its 50 / 50 split. Lock? Is it like a Detroit locker also?

Also, whereís the tow hooks?

Sorry, this text has been sitting in word for two months, got busy with other things,
Liking compass more and more, went on two road trips and got 33.2 mpg or 8.5 L/100km Or 27.7 US mpg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-17-2016, 03:22 AM

good day. you may want to repost this on a different section so other members can easily view it. By the way, don't forget to check out http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...pass-technical

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in