New to Jeep...well, this one, anyway - Jeep Compass Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Latitude2016

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 09-10-2016, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New to Jeep...well, this one, anyway

Hello. I just bought my Compass, explained in my sig line, two days ago. With all of the dealer and manufacturer incentives on top of the trade in and cash added, I couldn't pass it up. I was nervous, but did my homework on what was best to get, and found the 2.4L with 6 speed transmission locally. I'm not super crazy about the color, but the price made that issue disappear...or at least become less of an issue for me. Other than some issues with UConnect dropping both UCI and BT connections, I'm enjoying what I have. The dealer will make the radio issue right for me...I have no doubts about that.

Like I said, I'm new to this type of Jeep. I used to have a 1976 CJ5 with a Ford inline 6, that I learned to drive on the farm with. My brothers and I rolled that poor CJ so many times, but once back on it's feet, it always ran. Rusted fuel tank was replaced with an empty aluminum beer keg that we strapped in the roll bar. It was ugly, but it worked...exactly what a Jeep should do.

I'll never be able to take this Jeep where I can go in my F250s (I own two of the old brick nose Fords), but this will get me where I need to go in a safe manner.

I have a few grand left from the purchase that I plan on using for future modifications. I like the look of the 2" lift from RRO, as well as the front winch with facia mod. I also like the looks of RRO's roof rack ideas, too.

Anyway, that's me and my Jeep life thus far. Hope to see y'all around and gain much knowledge through the interwebs about this vehicle and it's capabilities.

Clyde--True Blue Pearlcoat 2016 Compass Sport 2.4L 6-speed. Additions since brand new in September of 2016: 4X Alpine SPJ-691C3, Weathertech floor liner Front only, Scosche Magi-Mount, USB charging port added to glove box, USB charging ports added to rear passenger area, Hum, Curt 13081 class III receiver. More to come!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-18-2016, 09:36 PM

Welcome to the forum! Also recently purchased a Compass, previously had a 96 Cherokee with the factory "up country" off road package with skid plates, manual transfer case and I added 31x10.50 tires , had it since new. It was great off road, but like you said, the new one will get you where you need to go safely, I am really enjoying my new Jeep. I am also considering a 2" lift for mine.
Stringplucker likes this.

2016 Compass Latitude 4x4, 6 speed automatic, 225/60R17 wheels/tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in