Retiring my Patriot! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 Old 11-29-2016, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Retiring my Patriot!

Owned my 10' Patriot for the past 4 years and its been a great run especially since it has a manual transmission. Been a lot of fun as my commuter although like any manual, it was a PITA in heavy rush hour traffic.

I don't like to hold onto vehicles for too long so very soon i'll be deciding what I want to get, the new Compass being one of them. Jeep has been making some impressive moves as of late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-02-2016, 03:27 PM

Welcome to the forum! Planning to switch to automatic on your next Jeep?
post #3 of 7 Old 12-02-2016, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome.

Automatic for sure, getting tired of having manual in a vehicle that isn't event that fun to drive, although if I had to have a manual transmission vehicle that did it all, a Jeep with a manual would be it, or something similar.

Down the road i'm planning to get a coupe, maybe the new Miata.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-05-2016, 04:11 PM

Yea, manual on hills is a PITA. At least the new compass has a lot of options to choose from. There's a 6-speed automatic that will be offered on the front-wheel drive model and the all-wheel drive model will come with a 6-speed manual option and a 9-speed automatic.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-05-2016, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Inclines aren't that bad for me, typically its a matter of going to 2nd and keeping it a bit higher in the RPM's and at that rate i'm still flowing well with the speed of traffic. With no traffic its even better since you can build momentum before going on that incline.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-05-2016, 11:25 PM

Garage
I've been driving manuals for years. Other than my Mercedes, this is the only automatic I've owned since the early 90's...and my knee is very thankful for it. My Ford trucks still get driven often, but I can finally appreciate the automatic transmission.

Clyde--True Blue Pearlcoat 2016 Compass Sport 2.4L 6-speed. Additions since brand new in September of 2016: 4X Alpine SPJ-691C3, Weathertech floor liner Front only, Scosche Magi-Mount, USB charging port added to glove box, USB charging ports added to rear passenger area, Hum, Curt 13081 class III receiver. More to come!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-07-2016, 03:48 PM

I'm sure your left knee is thankful to finally get a break after all these years.

@Joel have you talked to the dealership about getting a new compass yet?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in