Having fun out there! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 Old 08-24-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Having fun out there!

Hey everybody, I'm Sean. I work for the company that handles a lot of the communication for the Chrysler Group. Chrysler is really putting a lot of resources into developing new ways to connect with it's customers. They tasked a small group of us to become a part of forums like yours so that we can keep you guys updated on the latest happenings.

You may have seen a couple of posts from me already. Think of me as a liaison between this forum and Chrysler. Any time you guys need a question answered, let me know. In the mean time, I'll keep you updated on new products, promotions and a whole range of information you may not know about.

I'm not going to try to sell you anything, just keep you in the loop.

I look forward to being a part of MyJeepCompass.com!

- Sean T.

Jeep Online Dialogue Representative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-800-925-JEEP / 1-800-925-5337
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Chrysler Dealerships-Greece

Sean, nice to see that this is an attempt to reach out to customers. It is extremely frustrating in dealing with the dealership here in Greece. In a city of Thessaloniki of 1.5 million, the one exclusive dealer really takes advantage of the Chrysler customers. First in pricing of the automobiles, then in parts and accessories. Especially if you look at the dollar/euro exchange rate, it is criminal... For example, (mud flaps for 80 euros-120 dollars, cargo net, for the same amount. If you look at the Mopar site, the prices are less than half in the US. (Transportation and taxes do not account for the difference!)

Fortunately we have friends in the US where we can order some accessories and I can ship them here with the transportation company I work for....

Another thing, why is the warranty in Greece only 1 year?? Something is not right!
post #3 of 8 Old 08-27-2007, 12:01 PM

Garage
Re: Having fun out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepInfoCenter
Any time you guys need a question answered, let me know.
- Sean T.

Sean, a few of our posters are claiming that they have been finding better fuel economy with 4x4 engaged full time . . . any comment, is this causing more wear and tear on the drivetrain possibly?

To be clear on the 4x4 - the 4x4 must only be engaged under low speed, does it remain engaged at higher speeds or does it switch off at once speed increases, and what happens if somebody activates it at highway speed?

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-27-2007, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Re: Chrysler Dealerships-Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurocompass
Sean, nice to see that this is an attempt to reach out to customers. It is extremely frustrating in dealing with the dealership here in Greece. In a city of Thessaloniki of 1.5 million, the one exclusive dealer really takes advantage of the Chrysler customers. First in pricing of the automobiles, then in parts and accessories. Especially if you look at the dollar/euro exchange rate, it is criminal... For example, (mud flaps for 80 euros-120 dollars, cargo net, for the same amount. If you look at the Mopar site, the prices are less than half in the US. (Transportation and taxes do not account for the difference!)

Fortunately we have friends in the US where we can order some accessories and I can ship them here with the transportation company I work for....

Another thing, why is the warranty in Greece only 1 year?? Something is not right!
I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties with dealers in Greece. Are you a resident yourself, or stationed there in the military?

Either way, if you would like bring your issue to Jeep's attention, I would suggest you head over to Jeep.com and check out the "Contact Us" part at the bottom of the page. I believe your concern would fall under the "Customer Assistance" heading.

As for the warranty, I know the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is something that is currently in the U.S. only. Chrysler is looking to extend it to Canada, but that is in the works right now. I will do some checking and see if there is anything comparable for your location.

Hope I helped. I'll let you know as soon as I know something.

- Sean

post #5 of 8 Old 08-27-2007, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe
Quote:
Any time you guys need a question answered, let me know.
- Sean T.

Sean, a few of our posters are claiming that they have been finding better fuel economy with 4x4 engaged full time . . . any comment, is this causing more wear and tear on the drivetrain possibly?

To be clear on the 4x4 - the 4x4 must only be engaged under low speed, does it remain engaged at higher speeds or does it switch off at once speed increases, and what happens if somebody activates it at highway speed?
Well, to be perfectly honest, this seems counter-intuitive to everything that I (and a few of my colleagues know about 4x4). Then again, we're not engineers. What I would recommend you do is stop by the Jeep Engineering Forum which is taking place on Wednesday of this week. We'll have real live Jeep Engineers ready to answer questions in a live chat. I'm sure they would be more than happy to give this one some thought.

The upcoming forum is centered around the topic of the Jeep Commander, but you shouldn't have trouble getting your question answered. It's taking place here on Wednesday from 5-6pm EST.

I'd be interested to see what they say.

- Sean T.

post #6 of 8 Old 09-22-2007, 03:35 AM

Garage

Quote:
Hey everybody, I'm Sean. Think of me as a liaison between this forum and Chrysler. Any time you guys need a question answered, let me know.
- Sean T.
Hi Sean, think you could find out from the techs if 215/65R16" is a suitable choice for winter tire on the Compass. :
The circumfrance is really almost identical to that of the 17" and 18" wheels with which the car is delivered.
There is not really much choice in 18", cost wise 16" is much cheaper then 17".
Will 16" rims fit the brake calipers, or cause any driving difficulties. :

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #7 of 8 Old 10-06-2007, 12:38 AM

Below is taken from Sean's own website. This guy is just part of a marketing firm. A crappy one at that because he didn't follow up. I bet he just is mining forums for ideas.

BBDO Detroit is a melting pot of creative disciplines. We're not only known for award-winning advertising campaigns, but have also received accolades for our CRM and Ideation group work.

In order to stay fresh and mainstream, we look for individuals who like being creative no matter which department they work in. Creativity is our driving force and our passion.

Currently, we are concentrating all of our attention to our Chrysler Group accounts, including Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep. But with all of our resources as well as expertise and experience with non-automotive brands, we're interested in adding to our clientele list.

If you share our passion for creativity and want to be a part of a competitive team that's devoted to doing unique, powerful, and effective advertising, check out the rest of our website. And click on Search Job Postings for immediate opportunities within BBDO Detroit.

BBDO Detroit is a wholly owned subsidiary of BBDO Worldwide with over 290 offices globally, in 77 different countries, and is ranked as the 4th largest global agency network.

BBDO Worldwide is a part of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC). Omnicom Group Inc. is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-09-2007, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Hey everybody, I'm back. Sorry for the long delay, but I have been trying to get a hold of someone to get a new update with regard to the extension of the Lifetime Limited Powertrain Warranty to the Canadian Market.

Unfortunately, as there is quite a bit happening with Chrysler right now, I still can't give you any sort of hard and fast timeline with regard to implementation. I do know that there are some significant government regulatory issues that need to be worked out before this can be implemented. I also know that Chrysler is actively committed to providing quality service to consumers in the Canadian market.

I didn't feel it was a necessary for me to pop in and let you guys know that the status quo has not changed. But if you would like more timely updates, I'd be happy to provide them.

Just to recap. Nothing has changed, the plans are still in the works, but there is still no timeline. I will be happy to inform you of any relevant updates as they come in.

Also, to answer a couple of concerns brought forth by the members of this board.

To NoNamesLeft: While it is true that I do work for a company that does Marketing and Advertising for Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep, that's not my job in these forums. Admittedly, I have not been back here for a while, due in large part to the fact that I had nothing new to report. I will do my best to provide more assistance in the future.

To i2canoe: I'll do some research and try to get back with you soon.

Let me know if you guys have any questions, and thanks again for your patience.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in