My New Compass! - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 Old 10-01-2007, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

My New Compass!

Just got myself a 2007 Compass Sport 4x4, CVT. It's in beautiful white! Got it for about $500 over invoice, and a decent interest rate, considering my poor credit. I just got it yesterday and I am already in LOVE with it. It's made me love driving again.. lol. So much different than my wife's 2006 CorollaS. I can't wait to have some fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 PM
ACX

congrats dude! Where are you from?

My g/fs compass is going on 9 months old and still great.
post #3 of 20 Old 10-01-2007, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACX
congrats dude! Where are you from?

My g/fs compass is going on 9 months old and still great.

I'm in central california, right in the valley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezter
What do you need 4WD for?
post #5 of 20 Old 10-01-2007, 09:23 PM

You've apparently never seen the traffic on the 405....
post #6 of 20 Old 10-01-2007, 10:33 PM

Hey Jezter! I am from Fresno! Ill be sure to look out for you on the road.
post #7 of 20 Old 10-01-2007, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Quote:
What do you need 4WD for?
Don't judge by hearing California. The central valley is NOT Los Angeles. I live in a quite small town.
post #8 of 20 Old 10-01-2007, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNamesLeft
Hey Jezter! I am from Fresno! Ill be sure to look out for you on the road.

I am actually from Merced! I will be in Fresno on wednesday to see Casting Crowns w/ Leeland at the Fresno Fair.
post #9 of 20 Old 10-01-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Don't judge by hearing California. The central valley is NOT Los Angeles. I live in a quite small town.
I still don't understand why you'd need it.
post #10 of 20 Old 10-02-2007, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote:
I have my reasons, my sister owns a cabin in the mountains that we frequent. Among other places in the mountains that we go to, including, Yosemite National Park, Sequia National Park, Reno, Lake Tahoe.. etc etc etc. Just because I don't live where it snows, doesn't mean I don't go to places where it does.
post #11 of 20 Old 10-02-2007, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have my reasons, my sister owns a cabin in the mountains that we frequent. Among other places in the mountains that we go to, including, Yosemite National Park, Sequia National Park, Reno, Lake Tahoe.. etc etc etc. Just because I don't live where it snows, doesn't mean I don't go to places where it does.
I went for the 4x2
post #12 of 20 Old 10-02-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Once you start getting into Central and Northern California you're looking at quite a bit of hilly/mountain country with tons of offroad locations. I used to drive truck through there every once in a while.
post #13 of 20 Old 10-03-2007, 04:53 AM

When I think California I think gridlock and endless pavement. I'm asking because I don't know the terrain, not because I'm trying to be an ass! Plenty of people buy 4WD when they don't need it. If that's the case then that's fine with me.
post #14 of 20 Old 10-03-2007, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
When I think California I think gridlock and endless pavement. I'm asking because I don't know the terrain, not because I'm trying to be an ass! Plenty of people buy 4WD when they don't need it. If that's the case then that's fine with me.
Well you came off as an ass. It's my vehicle and not yours. Don't question my reasoning for choosing the vehicle that I chose. This is an open forum for users to discuss their common experiances with a common vehicle. Excuse me for not living where it snows and wanting a 4WD. It's my choice and if you don't like it, I'll gladly go somewhere else that I'm actually welcomed respectfully.
post #15 of 20 Old 10-03-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Well you came off as an ass. It's my vehicle and not yours. Don't question my reasoning for choosing the vehicle that I chose. This is an open forum for users to discuss their common experiances with a common vehicle. Excuse me for not living where it snows and wanting a 4WD. It's my choice and if you don't like it, I'll gladly go somewhere else that I'm actually welcomed respectfully.
I don't think that the original question of why you wantted a 4x4 was a personal attack. I think your reading an emotional response into plain text. As he stated his image of California was the sterio-typical city landscape and pavement everywhere. So if in that respect I caould question as to why someone would want a 4x4 myself, especially with the price of gas these days. The first time I went to California I was expecting to see a constant city type landscape, much like around Chicago ot Detroit. I was extremely suprised to find that the cities have very distinct boundries and you are very quickly transistion back into a countryside. Unfortunatly we generally perseve each other countries by what we see on TV and what others tell us. Many of Americans think that Canada is snow 365 days a year, we live in igloos, have polar bears for pets and drive dog sleds. Even in the far north (and I'm talking north of the Artic circle not 'The North Country' like Minnisota likes to call itself) they don't have snow all year round.
post #16 of 20 Old 10-04-2007, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

I also stated that California is not just Los Angeles and he still questioned me. I don't think its anybodies right to question me why I chose the vehicle I chose. If i want a 4WD, thats my perogative. We're here to share our experiences and discuss our commonalities.. which is having the same vehicle. If he has a problem with my choice in vehicle, then I will go elsewhere.

ETA: I did PM him first to try to be nice about it, and I still recieved the same attitude. Hence my openness on the forum about the subject.
post #17 of 20 Old 10-04-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I also stated that California is not just Los Angeles and he still questioned me. I don't think its anybodies right to question me why I chose the vehicle I chose. If i want a 4WD, thats my perogative. We're here to share our experiences and discuss our commonalities.. which is having the same vehicle. If he has a problem with my choice in vehicle, then I will go elsewhere.

ETA: I did PM him first to try to be nice about it, and I still recieved the same attitude. Hence my openness on the forum about the subject.
I think you might be being a little to sensitive. I read the whole thread and I don't see how you could construe this as an attack.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
post #18 of 20 Old 10-04-2007, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005
I think you might be being a little to sensitive. I read the whole thread and I don't see how you could construe this as an attack.
My point exactly. What you're looking at is plain text. The reader is the one that is putting the 'emotional response' into it. Granted if I wrote something like 'Are you nuts' it has different meaning than 'ARE YOU NUTS'. But for the most part the reader implies the attiude and emotion. If you think the reader is being an ass, you're going to read that into it.
post #19 of 20 Old 10-05-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005
My point exactly. What you're looking at is plain text. The reader is the one that is putting the 'emotional response' into it. Granted if I wrote something like 'Are you nuts' it has different meaning than 'ARE YOU NUTS'. But for the most part the reader implies the attiude and emotion. If you think the reader is being an ass, you're going to read that into it.
Rommel, come on man. Just looking at is plain text? I guess all books are instruction manuals and the religious books are nothing more then paper and some binding. Words are thoughts and ideas communicated.

Jezter took it to be an insult, I actually took it the same way as him but he became was too defensive about it.

Speaking of 4x4 in California, where is the Rubicon trail again? Nuff Said.

I enjoy my 4x2 grocery/dog hauler.
post #20 of 20 Old 10-05-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNamesLeft
Rommel, come on man. Just looking at is plain text? I guess all books are instruction manuals and the religious books are nothing more then paper and some binding. Words are thoughts and ideas communicated.

Jezter took it to be an insult, I actually took it the same way as him but he became was too defensive about it.

Speaking of 4x4 in California, where is the Rubicon trail again? Nuff Said.

I enjoy my 4x2 grocery/dog hauler.
Did you ever see the movie Hamlet with Mel Gibson. They did it word for word from Shakespear, but it was COMPLETELY different emotions, context and timing that I had placed apon it. It's the same thing with all text. We place our own emotions and context onto someone elses words. Right now you could be reading this thinking that I'm saying it like over excited know-it-all, which could tick you off. Now go back and read it like a mellow surfer, or a ditsy blond that has an attitude on. How you read something is up to you, not the person who wrote it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in