New to Compass, not to Jeep family - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 3 Old 07-04-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

New to Compass, not to Jeep family

Good morning! My name is Bill (hi Bill!!) and I just purchased my first Compass, brand new, last week.
I am not new to the Jeep family. I just retired my 2006 TJ, after almost 12 years (and 200k miles) of service. Prior to that, I had a YJ (4 cylinder) that I drove until she died.
Coming to the Compass is a big change for me. Prior to that, as I said, I have been a wrangler man. crank windows, manual locks, soft tops, big ground clearance. But, as I am getting older, I find I dont do trails anymore, I simply commute to and from work in New England, and am considered essential personnel by the state, so I am required to show up for work despite the weather. With that in mind, I wanted something a little more practical. If I want to feel the wind in my face, I still have my HD .
So, last week, I leased a 2nd gen Compass Latitude in gunmetal. I got the upgraded package with the sunroof, nav, etc. Wow, what a difference! I'm still learning my way around the vehicle. Definitely a new experience, and I wanted to stay with a jeep, as I've had great luck with my previous two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-05-2017, 04:33 PM

Hi Bill!!! Congratulations on the new Compass and welcome to the forums. Are you the type to make modifications at all or is there anything that you'd like to change?
post #3 of 3 Old 07-24-2017, 08:08 PM

Garage
Hi Bill! We are new to Jeep and to the Compass - all these new tech things in the Compass are definitely a whole new ballgame for us too - I have bluetooth in my Honda, but all it really does is play iPhone's music and provides hands-free for the cell. I think the uConnect should have a support group! LOL!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in