• 1 Post By ghiser30
  • 1 Post By Mudman1
  • 1 Post By Mudman1
  • 1 Post By ghiser30

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 Old 08-30-2017, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking Greetings from central WV

2017 Compass Sport, Black, w/6 spd manual.
So hard to find a manual nowadays! I'm loving my Compass! Looking forward to learning tips & tricks on the forum as well as meeting fellow Compass owners. First planned mod...Yakima racks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20170720-00338.jpg (134.5 KB, 10 views)
asakaze, Craigers and Mudman1 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-31-2017, 03:22 AM

Glad to have a new member on the forum.

What were you driving before coming over to the compass? Always curious to know where new owners are coming from.
post #3 of 13 Old 08-31-2017, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I was in a 2012 Toyota Tacoma. It had over 200,000 miles on it. This is my second Jeep. In the late 80's I had a Jeep Comanche pickup. Very happy to be back in a Jeep.
Joel likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 09-01-2017, 04:03 AM

Hello and welcome! Beautiful compass you got there!
post #5 of 13 Old 09-01-2017, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, Craigers! Right back at ya!
post #6 of 13 Old 09-01-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghiser30 View Post
I was in a 2012 Toyota Tacoma. It had over 200,000 miles on it. This is my second Jeep. In the late 80's I had a Jeep Comanche pickup. Very happy to be back in a Jeep.
Very nice jeep to be coming from which in my opinion is better than a lot of other Jeeps to be coming from.
Have you seen all that news out about the new Wrangler Pickup?
ghiser30 likes this.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-01-2017, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks, Joel! I had my Comanche for about 9 years. I did like that vehicle! I first heard about it about 5 years ago. I had a Wrangler friend that told me about "the Gladiator" concept vehicle. Is it actually going into production?
post #8 of 13 Old 09-04-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
So hard to find a manual nowadays! I'm loving my Compass! Looking forward to learning tips & tricks on the forum as well as meeting fellow Compass owners. First planned mod...Yakima racks!!
Yes, finding a way to row your own is more and more difficult. Even Nissan is leaving us dry. What made you go with a FWD in WV? I grew up in SW PA, so I know the roads. How are you liking the 6spd in the mountains? Are you shift a lot on the hills or does it have enough torque to stay in 5th?
post #9 of 13 Old 09-04-2017, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi mudman! It's a 4x4, nor just FWD. I'd be laughed out of town if I bought a front drive only vehicle. So I live in central WV, about 10 miles from Spruce Know (Highest point inWV). My daily commute involves some pretty steep gnarly roads. I usually hang out between 4th & 5th (3rd if I need to muscle past a truck)!!! 😉
Mudman1 likes this.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-09-2017, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Very nice jeep to be coming from which in my opinion is better than a lot of other Jeeps to be coming from.
Have you seen all that news out about the new Wrangler Pickup?
Joel, this is kind of crazy. Out of nostalgia, I was looking at pics of Comanches. I guess there's a Comanche (prototype?) based on the Renegade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lj19t44npgfypzlnud8m.jpg (68.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by ghiser30; 09-10-2017 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Add image
post #11 of 13 Old 09-26-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Hi mudman! It's a 4x4, nor just FWD. I'd be laughed out of town if I bought a front drive only vehicle. So I live in central WV, about 10 miles from Spruce Know (Highest point inWV). My daily commute involves some pretty steep gnarly roads. I usually hang out between 4th & 5th (3rd if I need to muscle past a truck)!!! 😉
FYI...The factoy fog lights on the Compass are the same as the Wrangler and Cherokee. Today, Brown Santa will be delivering the JW Speaker fog lights. I ran these in my Trailhawk and loved them. Will you be installing fog lights on your MP?
ghiser30 likes this.

2017 New Compass Latitude 4x4 C635 6spd manual. Mineral Gray. Tow,
Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

Added: JW Speaker fog lights, Weathertech mats, Mopar flaps &
vent shades, Trailhawk front skid plates.
post #12 of 13 Old 09-26-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
What tires did yours come with? I've seen three or four different types. Not sure why, (I am happy though) mine came with the Destination LE2 tires with a temp use full-size matching tire on a black steel rim. The Trailhawk versions come with some odd ball name. I've seen Compasses on the lots with Continental tires and Yokohama tires too.
ghiser30 likes this.

2017 New Compass Latitude 4x4 C635 6spd manual. Mineral Gray. Tow,
Cold Weather, Safety & Security, Popular Equipment, Beats Audio. Built June 2017.

Added: JW Speaker fog lights, Weathertech mats, Mopar flaps &
vent shades, Trailhawk front skid plates.
post #13 of 13 Old 09-26-2017, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman1 View Post
FYI...The factoy fog lights on the Compass are the same as the Wrangler and Cherokee. Today, Brown Santa will be delivering the JW Speaker fog lights. I ran these in my Trailhawk and loved them. Will you be installing fog lights on your MP?
Originally I wanted fog lights, but at the risk of sounding totally redneck, I've really been considering a light bar. Who knows, maybe both!!! Really light up the night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman1 View Post
What tires did yours come with? I've seen three or four different types. Not sure why, (I am happy though) mine came with the Destination LE2 tires with a temp use full-size matching tire on a black steel rim. The Trailhawk versions come with some odd ball name. I've seen Compasses on the lots with Continental tires and Yokohama tires too.
Yeah, I noticed that too and thought it was little odd. It seemed like every Compass on the lot had different tires, same with Cherokees. Mine has Kumho Crugens. I've had good luck with Kumho's (Road Venture) on my pickup. So I'm gonna ride these out, and see how winter goes. Maybe something a little more aggressive on my next set.
Mudman1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in