Compass Questions... - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 26 Old 10-12-2007, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Compass Questions...

I just got a 2007 Compass North Edition and am loving it. But one thing on it seems weird, I use the aux in on my radio and when I change the mode or turn off or restart the car, the volume on the aux mode goes back up to 20. Does anyone know why it does it? It is going to make me deaf one day.

Also is it normal for it not to have any branding? It doesn't say anywhere on it that it is a North or a Sport, just 4x4 and Jeep. Is everyones like that?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 10-13-2007, 12:00 AM

the only other badging other then 4x4 and Jeep, is Limited on those models.
post #3 of 26 Old 10-13-2007, 04:55 AM

Hey Bender,

We have a Compass North edition and love it more every day (We're thinking about getting a 2nd one).

We feel kind of ripped off not having something to say Hey I Drive a North edition so eat my dust...sorry got a little carried away. Guess we'll just need to keep it our little secret and enjoy it all too ourselves.

We have never had the problem you are with the volume. Maybe contact your dealer to see.

All the best with your new Compass!

Terry AKA OnAirBear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 10-13-2007, 06:30 AM

The "North" model is only available in Canada. Maybe that's why there's no badging?

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
post #5 of 26 Old 10-14-2007, 05:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies.

I am in Canada so that is why I thought there might be some badging, but oh well.

As for the radio thing, I dunno, I will definitely talk to the dealer about it.
post #6 of 26 Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Administrator

The only "badging" available on the Compass is Jeep and 4X4, if so equipped, and the Compass logo on the back. My thought is, they should have kept with the concept, and kept the Compass logo on the rocker panels. Not only would that look great, but people could tell what it is from the sides (those that don't know, anyway!!!).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #7 of 26 Old 10-22-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee
The only "badging" available on the Compass is Jeep and 4X4, if so equipped, and the Compass logo on the back. My thought is, they should have kept with the concept, and kept the Compass logo on the rocker panels. Not only would that look great, but people could tell what it is from the sides (those that don't know, anyway!!!).
There's a Limited Badge too.

post #8 of 26 Old 10-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Administrator

My bad, you are right, I forgot about that one. I guess I was just tired last night, but still trying to keep up with you guys.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #9 of 26 Old 11-27-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005
The "North" model is only available in Canada. Maybe that's why there's no badging?
It looks like the 2008 North Model has a North Badge now. (on the Side)

:!:

post #10 of 26 Old 12-01-2007, 02:15 AM

So we cant get a North Edition in the States? What comes special with the North Edition that we can't get in a sport?
post #11 of 26 Old 12-03-2007, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNamesLeft
So we cant get a North Edition in the States? What comes special with the North Edition that we can't get in a sport?
The idea from the Sport to the North to the Limited is the standard features.

North has as standard features above Sport:
Power door mirrors
Air
Power windows
Remote entry

Limited has standard features above North:
18" Wheels
Auto-dimming rearview mirror
Speed control
Heated front seats
Leather upholstery
Leather steering wheel
Steering wheel mounted audio controls
Delay-off headlights
Trip computer
Panic alarm
post #12 of 26 Old 12-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Garage
I think that a BLOCK HEATER is part of the vehicles package when destined for Canada. As are metric instrumentation and automatic daytime running lights.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #13 of 26 Old 12-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i2canoe
I think that a BLOCK HEATER is part of the vehicles package when destined for Canada. As are metric instrumentation and automatic daytime running lights.
The Jeep site lists a block heater as standard for all vehicles. If a dealer is bringing anything to Canada and it doesn't have a block heater he's nuts. The daytime running lights is a requirement by law, same kind of idea as seat belts or emmision control, so I can't see it being listed as a feature.

As a side note the pressure sensors in the wheels is apparently going to be required by law in all new vehicles starting in 2009.
post #14 of 26 Old 12-03-2007, 09:40 PM

Garage
I was noting differences between US and Canadian cars.
Sorry, I missed the point.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #15 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 12:15 PM

I was planning of buying a Jeep Compass but I heard that the Compass could be discontinued in 1 or 2 years. Dis you had any conversation of that earlier ?
post #16 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 02:04 PM

Garage
The topic has been discussed and considering the similarities with the Pat some feelings were that the better seller would prevail. The model cuts went elsewhere.
Meanwhile, with the only certainty is that petrol prices will continue to rise, the future of ALL gas burning vehicles is in question, and the industry, I feel, is soon to change to other forms of power, be it electric, solar, or Mazola.
The concern today is what will become of all the gas burners once the shift occurs. Will they all become as obsolete as BETA VCR tapes?
Anyway, should the Compass marquee be discontinued after 3 or 4 years, and internal combustion still be feasibly popular as a power choice, the Compass is SO nice to drive and SO good looking. I think, so long as reliability issues do not evolve, resale potential should be good. Maintenance shouldn't become an issue; most components are common with other vehicles and would become available for years.
I bought a Triumph TR6 in 1975, the model was discontinued the next year, and a few years later the whole company disappeared. Meanwhile I have the car today, and parts rarely were a problem, I had to look a bit for a new crown and pinion, but that was found from an older TR3. Today nearly every part is available, if not original or reconditioned, as new reproduction from original specs.
Puma, if you like the Compass, go for it, and don’t worry about the model discontinuation. Should it become discontinued early, I think it would become a sought after model, fondly kept for years, like the Jeepster of the late '40s.
Good Luck.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #17 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 02:19 PM

i2canoe, I was upset because I was thinking about the same story could happen to the Compass when the Pontiac Aztek lasted only 4 years. My concern was the parts thing.

You said that most components are common with other vehicles and would become available for years. So do you think Dodge Caliber parts would do the trick ?

I would like to add that my mother's friends bought a Patriot because they were informed that the Compass would be discontinued. And in the newspaper, Jeep offers just 27 months, not 48 months rentings.
So much querstions, few answers on the net

I seen you live in Montreal, I live in Quebec city! Do you speak french ?
post #18 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma
I was planning of buying a Jeep Compass but I heard that the Compass could be discontinued in 1 or 2 years. Dis you had any conversation of that earlier ?
http://www.rrstar.com/homepage/x799502952

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3551

Read these 2 links and I think you'll see that the answer is that the Compass is here to stay for quite some time.

post #19 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 03:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
i2canoe, I was upset because I was thinking about the same story could happen to the Compass when the Pontiac Aztek lasted only 4 years. My concern was the parts thing.
You said that most components are common with other vehicles and would become available for years. So do you think Dodge Caliber parts would do the trick ?
Mais oui, je parle français. Je suis vraiment montréalais.
For sure there are plenty of common parts between the Caliber, Patriot and Compass. I don’t think parts would become an issue except for maybe some specific pieces, like that silver side trim on the Limited.
The Pontiac Aztec is another story. I liked the concept, lots of room and pop-out tent. I don’t know if it came 4x4. I don’t see enough of them on the roads that I find them an eyesore. They are more of a curiosity.
GM misjudged the market when they introduced this as a cross over vehicle. Much the same a Ford misjudged the 60’s market when they came out with the Edsel. Both perfectly fine vehicles but without a proper niche. Today Pontiac does not even acknowledge this as their 1st attempt at a cross over vehicle, they would like us to forget it and believe that the Torrent is their first cross over. (BULL)
Today the Edsel is very collectable, and I think that the Aztec too will have a cult like following in later years.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #20 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:

I would like to add that my mother's friends bought a Patriot because they were informed that the Compass would be discontinued. And in the newspaper, Jeep offers just 27 months, not 48 months rentings.

The Compass, Patriot and Caliber all share many parts. The Compass and Patriot are pretty much identical except for the FDII option that is only available on the Patriot.

Parts won't be a problem.

post #21 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:

The Compass, Patriot and Caliber all share many parts. The Compass and Patriot are pretty much identical except for the FDII option that is only available on the Patriot.

Parts won't be a problem.

ok!!
Last but not least, They share many parts but like I2canoe said earlier, his TR6 needed parts but the company had closed. Was it expensive to had parts from an older TR3 to fit on a TR? ? Let's take example on a caliber wing to fit on a Compass instead.
post #22 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 07:01 PM

The body parts won't fit but everything under the skin will.

Regardless the Compass isn't going anywhere:

http://www.rrstar.com/homepage/x799502952

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3551

post #23 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 07:04 PM

If the spokesman of Chrysler said so!

Quote:
what do you mean by that ?
post #24 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 07:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
ok!!
Last but not least, They share many parts but like I2canoe said earlier, his TR6 needed parts but the company had closed. Was it expensive to had parts from an older TR3 to fit on a TR? ? Let's take example on a caliber wing to fit on a Compass instead.
For example;
I repainted the 1975 TR6 in 1983, I was able to get the 4 fenders, NOS, from the LEYLAND dealer who was still carrying Triumph parts, but getting out of it at the time. Repro parts were available at the time as today both in fiberglass or steel. Of course you could not or would not install Caliber or Patriot wings on a Compass, either the correct wings could be restored by a body shop or would be available for some time.
In 1993 I had to redo the transmission as well as the differential. It was tricky to find the good used diff, which he did finally find from a TR3, which my mechanic knew to be identical, and much more cost effective than rebuilding my own, which was the other choice. The used diff was $250 plus the labour and is still running strong today. Says much for a part from an early 60's sports car.

Loved

-[OIIIIIIO]-

~Jack Kerouac

-Henry David Thoreau

post #25 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
If the spokesman of Chrysler said so!

Quote:
what do you mean by that ?
The Body and Sheet Metal are different on the Compass, Caliber & Patriot but most of the parts underneath are the same.

post #26 of 26 Old 12-04-2007, 10:05 PM

thanks for the info!
I should take a decision in spring!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in