Greeting from Vaughan Ontario Canada - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 4 Old 09-17-2017, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Greeting from Vaughan Ontario Canada

Just picked up my 2018 Jeep Compass a few days ago. Traded in my 2010 BMW X3 28i and do not miss it one bit after driving my Jeep Compass to NYC and back.

Question for Jeep owners:
I had a few Jeep waves and waved back (of course with the Jeep Wave). I must admit that I never knew about the Jeep wave until I saw several waves on the U.S. interstate. I asked my wife to google about it and found out about the customary wave.

Are these any specific rules about waving ? Being a new Jeep owner, I do not want to offend anyone driving The All American Jeep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unknown.jpg (75.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by yuji22; 09-18-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-18-2017, 01:40 AM

Garage
Welcome aboard, yuji! Hope you get many miles of enjoyment out of your Compass. Is it a Sport? That's what I got. Anyhow, it looks GREAT! I've always been a fan of BMW (cars, not the SUV's). I have a 1969 1602. I've only been on here a short time, but seems like a bunch of like-minded friendly folks!!

As for the "JEEP WAVE", I say WAVE ON!!! I'm a new Jeep owner too, and from what I've read on-line about the wave, there are some folks who believe it's only for Wranglers, and others that believe it's for ALL JEEPS. I'm with the latter, and I'll proudly wave to all Jeeps!

Last edited by ghiser30; 09-18-2017 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to say...
post #3 of 4 Old 09-18-2017, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for welcoming me.

My Compass is the Sport with a few options. Fell in love with it as soon as I took it for a test drive, always wanted to buy a Real All American Vehicle. The funny thing is that the BMW X3 that I traded in had a for sale sign the next day that I traded it in.

My wife thinks that I should change the rims but I kinda like the looks, what do you think about the rims or do your have any recommendations ? The dealer advised me about the clearance for the break pads on the wheels if I select new Rims.

My wife is a Dodge fan and got the Journey the same week I got my Jeep. The dealership had one happy sales Guy.

As we were driving the Jeep to NYC, my wife jokingly told me that we are driving a Jeep that defeated the Germans in WW and that is probably why I traded in the BMW X3.

I just wave to All Jeep owners, in keeping with a Jeep tradition. Hope my wave fever catches on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-18-2017, 02:43 AM

Garage
LOL! Same for me. I traded in a Tacoma with HIGH mileage. It was on the web page like next day! Dealerships don't waste time trying to turn a profit. As for the rims... I'm a sucker for black rims. I have silver rims. I'm looking at Sport Tuning T9 rims in black. There are lots of web pages that have "configurators" to let you know what wheels fit and such. Anyhow, I like your black steel wheels!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in