Thinking of Joining the Club - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 Old 09-27-2017, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

Thinking of Joining the Club

Greetings! Life happens and I've lost my 2000 Dodge Durango which was my primary Adventure Car and needing a new one. Came across a 2009 Compass Limited 4 x 4 Rallye with 29k miles on it for about $11,500. Took it for a test drive today and I like it. My wife, who has some medical issues was able to get in and out easier than her Charger. I just tooled around the town a little with it, and never got it on the highway which I need to as we drive about 110 miles bi-weekly on the open road for medical appointments. How load is the road noise on the highway. How is it fair on a multi-day 500 mile trip. I like the Compass and think it will fit right into our lifestyle and be able to transport my 16'9 Old Town Canoe where I need it to go. We live in Florida so going off road doesn't happen much unless the boat put-in is a ways into the brush. I've read all the Edmunds, Car and Driver and other reviews on the 2009 Compass and needless to say, they don't think too highly of it. Which leads me to here to check in with the people that really know. What I'd like to know is an honest opinion of the good and the bad. What kind of engine performance upgrades can I make to reduce or eliminate the limitations that the stock may have? Is it easy to work on? I am far from a shade tree mechanic, but not afraid to get a socket wrench and youtube and make things happen under the hood. Cold Air intakes? Lift kit to beef it up some. Brush guard, etc. I like the low miles on the Jeep that I'm looking at. I need to take it to my mechanic to check it out. Carfax came out clean with regular maintenance, oil changes, etc. One owner...may have been a tow behind for RV which could account for the low miles. Clean inside. Tan leather. Black outside few minor dings and scratches, but life happens for our vehicles too. Anyway...just wanted to get some feedback. Thanks for reading and if all goes well, maybe I'll be a more permanent member of the family instead of a redheaded stepchild. My apologies in advance if this has been covered before. Not too savvy with the forums so if these things have been covered, a link would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-29-2017, 10:45 AM

Garage
I haven't seen any good brush guards. As far as the rest of your questions, I am also a recent purchaser; so I really don't know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in