New Compass Owner - Jeep Compass Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 Old 10-26-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

New Compass Owner

Hello,

After much searching and many trips to many dealers, we finally bought an '08 Compass Sport 4x4. We're from West Virginia and seem to be the only Compass owners around (lots of Calibers on the street).

So far we love everything about the car, except maybe for the rear door handles (I guess you can't win them all).

This website has already provided us with a wealth of great info,

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Well congrats on your purchase and welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your new Jeep as much as I am, and like Jeep says, have fun out there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

1991 XJ Cherokee Sport 4X4 4.0 H/O I6
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

JEEP - Just Enjoy Everything, Period.....
post #3 of 11 Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 AM

Welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-07-2007, 11:21 AM

Garage
Re: New Compass Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKatz
Hello,
After much searching and many trips to many dealers, we finally bought an '08 Compass Sport 4x4. We're from West Virginia and seem to be the only Compass owners around (lots of Calibers on the street).
So far we love everything about the car, except maybe for the rear door handles (I guess you can't win them all).
This website has already provided us with a wealth of great info,
Thanks!

Another warm welcome.
You didn't mention if you have taken delivery and are already enjoying your new ride, or if like so many, have placed and order and are waiting delivery.
Either way, good choice, and as for the rear door handles . . . they look great, and won't deter from your enjoyment of this fine ride .
Many happy miles too you.

Loved
my 2007 Compass 5-Speed, Limited!

{BUT NOW SOOO IN LOVE WITH MY NEW CRUSH WRANGLER!}
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-[OIIIIIIO]-

"No man should go through life without once experiencing healthy, even bored solitude in the wilderness, finding himself depending solely on himself and thereby learning his true and hidden strength."
~Jack Kerouac

“Everybody must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing.”
-Henry David Thoreau

post #5 of 11 Old 11-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Administrator

I agree about the rear door handles. That was one of the first things that caught my eye as being one of the things I love about the styling of this car, and now, guess what, how many other car makers are doing the same thing? The new Nissan Pathfinder, and there is one more I have seen the commercial for, but can't remember what or who makes it, but anyway, I like it. Kind of like an optical illusion (one guy who looked at my car from a distance while we were talking about it said, "I don't want a two door." I told him to look again!!!

My 2007 Jeep Compass Sport, Bright Silver Metallic, 26E, CVT II, Driver Convenience Group, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Prep Group, 4x2

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 ST, SWB Reg Cab, Bright Silver Metallic, Trailer Tow Package

post #6 of 11 Old 11-07-2007, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee
I agree about the rear door handles. That was one of the first things that caught my eye as being one of the things I love about the styling of this car, and now, guess what, how many other car makers are doing the same thing? The new Nissan Pathfinder, and there is one more I have seen the commercial for, but can't remember what or who makes it, but anyway, I like it. Kind of like an optical illusion (one guy who looked at my car from a distance while we were talking about it said, "I don't want a two door." I told him to look again!!!
The rear door handles look fine but they're too flimsy. They should have made them thicker/stonger. Same with the front door handles but to a lesser degree.

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)
post #7 of 11 Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 PM

I think that they should have something similar on the front doors. I like the clean look of not having door handles.

The Honda Element has similar handles
post #8 of 11 Old 11-08-2007, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the warm invite!

We purchased our Compass a couple of weeks ago and are very happy with it. I must admit, though, that we were originally in the market for a Caliber R/T AWD but ultimately wound up with the Compass for a few reasons. Primarily, this was because Caliber's with AWD are hard to come by in my area, and Compasses are selling very poorly here, so Dealer's were very eager to negotiate.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Administrator

You definitely have a point there Neely. I agree, and have mentioned this several times, but my partner thinks they are fine. To me, just not enough integrity there if you are not always super careful. The front handles do not bother me as bad, but really, the only one who uses the rear doors is me anyways, but I did make the comment after a couple weeks, that I could see somewhere down the line where the rear handles would have to be replaced, whether they broke or whatever.

And yes, rommel, that must have been the other one I was thinking of with something similar, and like you, I rather love the look of it. Does not detract from the look or sculpture of the car.

post #10 of 11 Old 11-09-2007, 01:41 PM

There used to be a car 'show and shine' at one of the bars near my house every Sunday evening. The wife and I were checking out a couple of the cars there, mostly in amusment of some of the cars the people were showing (87 Chevette that was street modded :lol: ), and saw a late 80s Nissan Pulsar completely done.

The owner had modded the car into a gull-wing style, except sliding up and back from a single pivotpoint in the corner not like the back to the future Delorian, and completely removed the door handles. He added a hydrolic lift with a keyless entry so they opened on their own with a push of a button. I loved that clean handle-less look.

He added alot more mods as well; carbon-fiber hood, airs dams, and spoiler; Nitros-oxide; replaced the entire interior with leather racing style seats and roll bars. Really the only thing left from the original car was the body and frame.
post #11 of 11 Old 11-09-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee
You definitely have a point there Neely. I agree, and have mentioned this several times, but my partner thinks they are fine. To me, just not enough integrity there if you are not always super careful. The front handles do not bother me as bad, but really, the only one who uses the rear doors is me anyways, but I did make the comment after a couple weeks, that I could see somewhere down the line where the rear handles would have to be replaced, whether they broke or whatever.

And yes, rommel, that must have been the other one I was thinking of with something similar, and like you, I rather love the look of it. Does not detract from the look or sculpture of the car.
Well I have a 2002 Neon and the door handles are way more substantial than any of the door handles on the Compass, Caliber or Patriot - Except for the Caliber R/T those door handles are solid and feel strong.

:!:

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 (CVT)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Compass Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in